GDT: Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Any rumors, actual trades involves Sabres or any other team. GO!

Live Coverage (TSN Trade Centre)
[NHL]567098[/NHL]

Confirmed Trades
[WSH] Martin Erat, John Mitchell <=> [PHX] Rostislav Klesla, Chris Brown, 2015 4th
[VAN] Roberto Luongo, Steven Anthony <=> [FLA] Jacob Markstrom, Shawn Matthias
[PHX] David Rundblad, Mathieu Brisebois <=> [CHI] 2014 2nd
[NYI] Andrew MacDonald <=> [PHI] Matt Mangene, 2014 3rd, 2015 2nd
[DAL] Stephane Robidas <=> [ANA] 2014 CONDITIONAL 4th
[ANA] Viktor Fasth <=> [EDM] 2014 5th, 2015 3rd
[ANA] Dustin Penner <=> [WSH] 2014 4th
[VAN] Patrick Mullen <=> [OTT] Jeff Costello
[EDM] Ilya Bryzgalov <=> [MIN] 2014 4th
[FLA] Mike Weaver <=> [MTL] 2015 5th
[CHI] Brandon Pirri <=> [FLA] 2014 3rd, 2016 5th
[STL] Mark Mancari <=> [FLA] Eric Selleck
[BUF] Ryan Miller, Steve Ott <=> [STL] Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, 2015 1st, 2016 CONDITIONAL 3rd

Last edited:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Recap of recent rumors and activity:
- RUMOR: Mirtle reports Halak to MIN is "close"
- RUMOR: Darren Millard is hearing Moulson to PHX for Yandle
- TRADE: Mike Weaver traded to MTL for 2015 5th

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Yandle for Moulson would pretty much be robbery for the Sabres. Yandle keeps us at the cap floor next year, keeps a 2013 draft pick in Rochester or juniors, and returns us a 2015 first rounder next year at the deadline.

That said, I'd be shocked if it happened.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Yandle for Moulson would pretty much be robbery for the Sabres. Yandle keeps us at the cap floor next year, keeps a 2013 draft pick in Rochester or juniors, and returns us a 2015 first rounder next year at the deadline.

We would obviously have to add. What would you add?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

doubtful...

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yandle could easily get a 1st, you must be joking.

I am not.

I don't think contending teams (those willing to trade 1st rounders) would do so for a massive defensive liability.

And the fact that Phoenix has been trying to deal him for over a year supports that...

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I am not.

I don't think contending teams (those willing to trade 1st rounders) would do so for a massive defensive liability.

And the fact that Phoenix has been trying to deal him for over a year supports that...

A 2 time all star player who is 27 years old? Come on now... :laugh:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
To show you Yandles value I believe Sean Couturier for Yandle was almost completed over the summer unless I was just hearing things.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
We would obviously have to add. What would you add?

I don't know, because I don't really want Yandle. He doesn't help the Sabres long-term plan. He'd just be an acceptable boon if he was offered as an overpayment for Moulson.

But if we imagine that Moulson gets us a 2015 first at the deadline and Yandle does the same thing next year, then I don't know how much value I really ascribe to that year of Yandle. Probably very little.

I'll take the deal if Phoenix wants to be stupid, but I'm not going to go adding much to Moulson to get it done, because It doesn't get us closer to our goal.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
@brianlawton9

Moulson price settling in at a first and a mid level prospect. Debate over which year for the first happening now.

Finding it hard to take that guy seriously since he is claiming MIN wants BUF to retain part of Halak's salary, which they cannot do.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
I actually a big fan of the way/order Murray is selling off pieces. I think hes saving Moulson for last. Deal Halak now and theres probably the framework in place for a Stewart deal to OTT.

If you wait to trade Moulson until tomorrow after the likes of Vanek have been dealt you could see the leftover teams from the west panic and overpay thinking they have to make a move. He could potentially bring in even more than expected if hes the last major peice to be moved tomorrow.

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
@brianlawton9

Moulson price settling in at a first and a mid level prospect. Debate over which year for the first happening now.
Wasn't this the guy who said the Sabres weren't likely to trade Miller by the deadline, and were instead working on an extension? Or was he getting that info from Patty? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad