Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If they trade Nylander the principal return will be a top pairing dman. Gus is a 3rd pairing dman on a good team. Nylander for Saad/Gus would be a poor trade for Toronto. If I were Toronto, I wouldn't even do that trade for Kapanen. Gustafson is the type of dman that would be exposed in a tough playoff series where his best asset, PP QB, would not be as important since there are less PPs called. Plus, for this year they have Reilly and Gardner so they don't even need another PP QB.
I'd do Saad + Joki for Nylander and a 1st.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Then why not re-sign Gardiner? The whole point of letting him walk is they have no cap space to re-sign him.

They probably won't resign him due to having to resign Mathews and Marner plus the fact that UFA top 4 dmen get crazy money. They might welcome him back if he took a major discount. But Nylander's contract becomes very attractive after July 1 when a major bonus gets paid. That's when I think they'll trade him for a dman. Or they'll trade Kapanen. Personally, I think they'd be better off trading Nylander rather than Kapanen for a better dman. Kapanen does 90% of what Nylander does and he'll be a couple mil cheaper.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
They probably won't resign him due to having to resign Mathews and Marner plus the fact that UFA top 4 dmen get crazy money. They might welcome him back if he took a major discount. But Nylander's contract becomes very attractive after July 1 when a major bonus gets paid. That's when I think they'll trade him for a dman. Or they'll trade Kapanen. Personally, I think they'd be better off trading Nylander rather than Kapanen for a better dman. Kapanen does 90% of what Nylander does and he'll be a couple mil cheaper.
I get the logic of trading Nylander for a defenseman. But Trouba is going to ask for just as much, if not more than Nylander. It doesn’t solve their cap problems whatsoever.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I get the logic of trading Nylander for a defenseman. But Trouba is going to ask for just as much, if not more than Nylander. It doesn’t solve their cap problems whatsoever.

You're right. It doesn't solve their cap problem. They would trade Nylander for a top dman as a hockey trade. Toronto is not going to be able to make the trade until they sign Mathews and Marner.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
You're right. It doesn't solve their cap problem. They would trade Nylander for a top dman as a hockey trade. Toronto is not going to be able to make the trade until they sign Mathews and Marner.
Which reminds me of something that hasn’t been discussed at all yet. The second that July 1st hits, Bowman needs to be negotiating a new contract with Debrincat. Do not let him raise his value like a Marner, get him locked up long term immediately.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Per Powers’s source, Kruger, Kunitz and Martinsen are available for a trade.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I could see Kruger fetching a 6th/7th rounder from a team

Plenty of playoff experience and a expiring contract would be appealing to team looking for bottom 6 depth for playoff run

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Bowman probably looks for picks for Kruger and Kunitz. Swap of another minor leaguer for Marty.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
A friend has a fixation on Colin Delia after two strong showings against the Avalanche. What is his future with the Hawks and what would his trade value be?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A friend has a fixation on Colin Delia after two strong showings against the Avalanche. What is his future with
the Hawks and what would his trade
value be?

His future with the hawks is the potential of being the number one guy. Hawks are not very deep at all with young goalies. So his trade price from the hawks point would be high.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kunitz couldn't even get us fleas back at this point.

Kruger could land us a later pick - plenty of playoff teams want bottom line depth - contract is gone net year and has the eperience teams love. He will get moved.

Martinsen I doubt will get any looks, seems pointless for any team to get him unless it is a swap of minor players.

the names that really matter to us are Anisimov and Forsling - those are the two that could get us something back worthwhile...

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I definitely think they're looking at JFK especially with the need of a right handed centermen.
It has to be Saad going the other way right? Their winger depth is horrendous. Apart from Pastrnak and Marchand, their best winger is Debrusk. He has 18 points.

Although maybe they’re looking at Gus. Their defense isn’t so hot either, although I’m not sure if Krug just makes him redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad