GDT: Trade Deadline V2 - The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It just happens to be my day off but I'd be pissed if I took one off for this.

Big breakfast
Two TV's, one with PS4
iPad for here

Always be prepared boys :handclap:

Personally, if I'm on my laptop I'm getting paid.
If I was off, I wouldn't be here.

Only time I take a week day off is golf or family stuff.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
They could literally do this every day and there would be an audience in Canada

name me one other day in the year where you can tune in and get like 7 straight hours of pure thought filled hockey talk:handclap:

trades are coming we all know this

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Good dilemma to have

My original comment was from the Oilers POV, from the Leafs I'd still consider it but yes it would be hard to let Matthews go.

From an Oilers standpoint, yes.
From a Leafs? No way, no how would I be trading Matthews. Zero.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I said this before but the advantage of still being in school and only having 1 1/2 hrs of class today makes skipping easy to do. Gives me extra time to study for my exam tomorrow.

Also as soon as the Leafs called up all the Marlies I likely would have been too distracted to even take notes haha.

I never expect anything until 12. Unfortunately my Bell Fibe is messed up right now and cuts out of live TV but if I restart the show it plays normally so I got up at 8 this morning to hit restart as soon as Tradecenter started and im on a couple seconds of delay on TV. Would have been frustrating if I wasn't able to watch any of it today.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Good dilemma to have

My original comment was from the Oilers POV, from the Leafs I'd still consider it but yes it would be hard to let Matthews go.

If Arizona landed 2nd or 3rd I'd trade him in a heartbeat for their pick plus Strome. Strome plus one of the Finns > Matthews IMO.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Wow. 4 hrs of coverage for a 4th liner for a 7th........ Ugly. The last like 3 deadlines have been useless. Why they do this whole day still is nuts. When your broadcasters talk a month in advance about how its going to be slow and worrying how to fill the time..... You probably need to do something else. Like show something and break away.....

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Wow. 4 hrs of coverage for a 4th liner for a 7th........ Ugly. The last like 3 deadlines have been useless. Why they do this whole day still is nuts. When your broadcasters talk a month in advance about how its going to be slow and worrying how to fill the time..... You probably need to do something else. Like show something and break away.....

I'd imagine that they get pretty good rating for doing this. A lot better than what their normal broadcasting would get. Who really watches TSN during the day?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Brennan Klak @nhlupdate
Oilers claim Adam Pardy and Adam Cracknell off waivers, Habs claim Mike Brown off waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad