GDT: Trade Deadline V2 - The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I bet the war room today is a lot busier than it was a couple years ago in 2014...

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Says who? Were we in on Carrick. I'll let Lou be Lou and see what we end up with tonight. I'm so excited.

There's no way to know for sure, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense. Carick did, we had 1 RHD in our entire system, all draft picks included, and that was Corrado. Rychel, wingers are our strong point. I meant to say "we likely weren't in on him anyway", because of course there's no way to know for sure.

Jes5ant

Mar 5, 2014
I just know we need some jam. Wether it's a winger, center and defence. The more good young players the better. Same with the talk about possible trying to get Hartman. Players that play hard are always welcome.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I just know we need some jam. Wether it's a winger, center and defence. The more good young players the better. Same with the talk about possible trying to get Hartman. Players that play hard are always welcome.

For sure. Great compliment to skill guys. We haven't had a true gritty 20g scorer since Tucker. Hartman, Rychel are good starts. Connor Carrick also shows that kind of grit.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This is how 99% of trade deadlines work, most trades don't start until Noon or 1PM then by 3PM-4PM all the rush trades start happening.

Even though there has been no trades

"The filler content" on TSN has been exceptional

hrs on end of pure hockey talk

I freaken love it.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'd trade Matthews for OEL in a heartbeat

EDM should given they already have 2 top young C's in McDavid and Draisaitl. I don't think we should given that option. Too tough to trade away that 1C we've been looking for for so long.

Arizona declines either way because they're forward heavy and he's basically their only top D on their team or in their system.

Jes5ant

Mar 5, 2014
EDM should given they already have 2 top young C's in McDavid and Draisaitl. I don't think we should given that option. Too tough to trade away that 1C we've been looking for for so long.

Arizona declines either way because they're forward heavy and he's basically their only top D on their team or in their system.

Especially considering Nylander and Marner project to be able to slide over and be elite wingers if we do land Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad