GDT: Trade Deadline V2 - The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Expected PAP to move, but did not expect Phaneuf/Winnik/Reimer to move.

At the end of the day, added more picks then I thought we would. Can't be too upset at that.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
I think what we're forgetting here is that Lou is not and never will be known as the GM who will sell his assets off for nothing (except Reimer). For him to continue to get premiums in the future, or at very least fair value, he cannot get a rep for signing UFAs and dealing them for discounts, otherwise, that's all he will ever receive in the future.

The strategy used today is apparent.. Sign UFA's who other teams will need, and only trade them if price is right. It's not 100% about the picks in return, it's about taking assets from other teams who need them when the timing is right. In this case, timing for the remaining assets wasn't right, and that's fine.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Take a step back and look at this entire month's trade history and be happy

OR

Forget all that and cry about not budging for a 3rd,4th,5th,6th or 7th round pick for PAP

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If PAP re-signs and is moved at next year's deadline, I'm ok with that.

He's still a 15-20 goal scorer that won't cost much, he's great in the shootout, and he's good in the locker room.

The downside potential of not dealing PAP is that he scores a few goals down the stretch that weakens the Leafs draft position.

We don't need a Boyd Devereaux repeat scenario scoring meaningless goals in a lost season resulting in wins.

Hopefully all his goals come in losses. :crossfing :wg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad