Trade Deadline thread (new title to the former ‘is Jarmo done’ thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
If you can get Eichel without Z or Jones you do it. You can put Jenner with Eichel and Laine. He makes space and battles in corners doesnt matter what he can do with puck. Next seasons lineup could be

Jenner - Eichel - Laine
Cam - Roslovic - Bjorky
Gus - Domi - Foligno
Foudy - Nash - Robinson

Jones - Z
Gavrikov - Carlsson
Kukan - MDZ?

Elvis/Korpi

That looks truly contender

I stopped reading at ‘Jenner’. lol

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Maybe Eichel is a top 15 talent, but I don't know if he's a top 15 player.

I think it wouldn't be too hard to find more guys than that who I'd rather have than Eichel.

And are possibly available? I'd rather have McDavid, Matthews, Draisaitl, et al but they are not even remotely available.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
For the record my initial proposal was not Marchenko and Chinakhov, it was one of them. And I agree it's probably not enough for Buffalo, but my indication was that they desperately want a goalie. Also, it doesn't necessarily matter to me if Eichel is "happy" in Columbus. He's signed through 2026. Plus, if he's happy enough in Buffalo minus the losing, I certainly hope he'd be happy here if we're winning.

I would probably still do a package around Z, but I would vastly prefer not to if possible, even if it means giving up more assets/futures. It's kind of shocking how bare our D cupboard is now, and would be without him.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
And are possibly available? I'd rather have McDavid, Matthews, Draisaitl, et al but they are not even remotely available.

I'm responding to the notion that Eichel is a top 10-15 player in the world. I disagree.

Quoting posts makes some replies better, so that's my bad, but I was also trying to figure out how to move this conversation from the Laine thread, so I'm giving myself a pass.

And to the Eichel lineup above (another reply unquoted, sorry), it's basically the current lineup but with Eichel in place of Texier. While I don't dispute that's an improvement, exactly how much of one?

Reactions: Columbus Jack

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Jackets have 20 (or 19, since they play on TDL day I guess) games until the trade deadline. 14 are against the top 4 teams in the division, including 12 against the top 3. It's a top heavy 5 weeks ahead in the schedule.

I think we'll all have a clearer picture by the time early April rolls around in regards to which way this is going (buying/selling).

Reactions: Monk

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm responding to the notion that Eichel is a top 10-15 player in the world. I disagree.

Quoting posts makes some replies better, so that's my bad, but I was also trying to figure out how to move this conversation from the Laine thread, so I'm giving myself a pass.

And to the Eichel lineup above (another reply unquoted, sorry), it's basically the current lineup but with Eichel in place of Texier. While I don't dispute that's an improvement, exactly how much of one?

Well, you're replacing a prospective guy with a proven 1C. I'd say the immediate improvement would be significant. Much would depend on what is given up. If it is the Tex,et al package I think it makes the Jackets a lot better. If it requires Zach plus then I'm not sure although I would still make the deal if the plus wasn't prohibitive.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think there are two options:

1: Get the Eichel or some other playmaker center soon as possible

2: Trade Laine

Laine is not gonna stay if he can't play with some talent
I’d rather get talent than trade for lack of talent.

6zag

Apr 30, 2016

From 0.35 ppg to over 1 ppg better. (0.95 if you include rookie.) I think that's pretty self explanatory.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
From 0.35 ppg to over 1 ppg better. (0.95 if you include rookie.) I think that's pretty self explanatory.

That extra scoring is only a part of it. Having a great transition center who can get the puck from one end to the other will make things much easier for the whole 5 man unit.

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
That extra scoring is only a part of it. Having a great transition center who can get the puck from one end to the other will make things much easier for the whole 5 man unit.

True, but that was just too juicy of a question to not tap onto.

And since I really cba to talk to you on 2 different topics and since it touches this topic well enough - I disagree with you about Dylan Strome. I personally think he has a better chance of getting his shit together and becoming a true 1C than any of the 3 you mentioned in the other topic (Texier, Roslo, Stenlund). First of all, the kid outscored Marner in juniors and was drafted #3 OA, he's obviously heaps ahead of our trio in talent category, so the issues must be either mental or coaching (or both). Things we might be able to fix.

I get that he's getting older and not changing much, so yeah it's not much of a chance that he would turn into what I'm saying, but the chance is still there because the talent is there. Should we pay for him? Hell no. But if he's as cheap as the hawks fans seem to think, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be worth it to see where that rabbit hole leads.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
True, but that was just too juicy of a question to not tap onto.

And since I really cba to talk to you on 2 different topics and since it touches this topic well enough - I disagree with you about Dylan Strome. I personally think he has a better chance of getting his shit together and becoming a true 1C than any of the 3 you mentioned in the other topic (Texier, Roslo, Stenlund). First of all, the kid outscored Marner in juniors and was drafted #3 OA, he's obviously heaps ahead of our trio in talent category, so the issues must be either mental or coaching (or both). Things we might be able to fix.

I get that he's getting older and not changing much, so yeah it's not much of a chance that he would turn into what I'm saying, but the chance is still there because the talent is there. Should we pay for him? Hell no. But if he's as cheap as the hawks fans seem to think, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be worth it to see where that rabbit hole leads.

The issues with Dylan Strome are more physical I think. He's got slow foot speed and just gets beat a lot. That's why I tend to think that he is who he is. That and he's been an NHL center for a while now. If we think there's more upside with him then I'd agree, why not give him a shot.

Also I'm not sure I'd agree with you that Strome is "heaps ahead in the talent category". He was when they were 18 but I don't know if I'd come to that conclusion just watching them now.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Prior to this year I wanted to keep Savard but after watching him this year.....I’m all for trading Savard to get a return before his UFA. He’ll fetch something in return. And this would clear space for us to see more of Kukan or Peeke.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
The issues with Dylan Strome are more physical I think. He's got slow foot speed and just gets beat a lot. That's why I tend to think that he is who he is. That and he's been an NHL center for a while now. If we think there's more upside with him then I'd agree, why not give him a shot.

Also I'm not sure I'd agree with you that Strome is "heaps ahead in the talent category". He was when they were 18 but I don't know if I'd come to that conclusion just watching them now.

Is it slow foot speed because he can't go faster or because he's not in a condition to go faster/doesn't feel like going faster though, that's the question.

And about the talent, I think we have different views on what talent is, because to me it's something you're born with - People don't just wake up one day and become talented in a thing they've been doing for ten years prior, that's something different, in my opinion anyway.

Either way I think we won't see eye to eye on this Dylan thing, so might aswell drop the subject since it's not like we're getting him anyway.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Hey guys, just wondering why Ryan Murray is always scratched from the lineup, I read he has/had back problems. How was he when he played for you guys? any history of back problems or anything else? thanks

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Hey guys, just wondering why Ryan Murray is always scratched from the lineup, I read he has/had back problems. How was he when he played for you guys? any history of back problems or anything else? thanks
his nickname was Glass Man for a reason ... he has had everything from back, hand, to ankle ... but when he was healthy he was a great 2nd pair guy

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Yes. You can just look at his games played each year, almost every game he missed in the last few years was because of his back problem. He was never a healthy scratch, definitely a solid player that we miss.

If you're an Athletic subscriber, there was a write-up on his back issue. He has an injured disk that is permanently ruined. The doctors said he has "the back of a much older man". He can still have a long career, it is just going to be a problem that requires constant maintenance and an easier work load.

his nickname was Glass Man for a reason ... he has had everything from back, hand, to ankle ... but when he was healthy he was a great 2nd pair guy

After the first few years I think it has been almost all just the one back issue.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Yep... described as chronic in a way. At one point it was said he had to do daily exercises/stretches just to keep it ready for the games.

Not sure if that is still the case.
thanks, the silence is deafening here in Jersey, everyone is wondering why he's out all of a sudden
Good luck with the Jackets the rest of the way

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
With the demise of the season looming and Patty looking more & more disgruntled, does Jarmo land a big time center? Does that start with one of our elite defensemen (Z or Seth)?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Firstly, I don’t think Laine looks disgruntled. Quite the opposite. I think people are really forcing this narrative with almost no evidence to support it.

secondly, no I don’t thing he trades for one. Because it’s too hard. I don’t think he has much of an appetite to trade Werenski or Jones for one, which I get, so I think he’ll try to dip into UFA for one. RNH if he hits the market fits the Bill, and I think he’d be interested in coming here.

If NYR get eichel, I think we could be a suited for Zibanejad. I think these are the top fishes we could possibly get and the others would just be stop gap fix opportunities (like Eric staal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad