Trade Deadline Thread: GOLDEN CHAOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The Carolina deals are very interesting. Obviously they paid the price for the big fish in Guentzel. The Kuznetsov deal is something. Clearly they are trying to diversify their offensive creation away from just spray-and-pray and toward more dangerous chances. Anecdotally, I've noticed them trying to do this as well watching a few games (where I frustratingly bet on the opposition goalie's saves prop).

Kuz might just be done as an NHLer at this point, and RBA will hate him, but it seems (and with acquiring a rental) that their organizational philosophy is changing.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The people completely forgot that Kuzmenko was dumped in that trade?

There’s a very good chance nobody else would take him, we would not have the cap space for both of them imo

Literally, no way to know this is true. Even if you had to retain on Kuzmenko there would have been a lot more you could do.

Reactions: bossram

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
I wonder if they try Joshua in the top 6 with Lindholm finding his groove on the third line.

The cap might be hampering us on any winger trade or Kessel signing as well.

Not sure about any D acquisition unless they can make the roster and beat Juulsen and Friedman as our 7-8. Zadorov acquisition in recent hindsight was great.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
no trades?

minimum chaos?

this trade deadline was supposed to be our stanley cup. i will NOT be following this team for the rest of the year, very disappointing

Reactions: Billy Kvcmu

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
As others have said, this is a result of one spring/summer where Benning traded away a ton of picks for OEL, Garland and Dickinson and proceeded to further screw us over by signing Pearson and Dickinson to stupid term contracts.

Cleaning this mess was going to be painful. It had led to a massive deficit in picks, prospects and also resulted in dead cap space.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The people completely forgot that Kuzmenko was dumped in that trade?

There’s a very good chance nobody else would take him, we would not have the cap space for both of them imo
The assumption here is he would...still be dumped somewhere. I think it would have been fairly easy to find another taker.

Like, no. No one "forgot" Kuzmenko was traded away.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It’s very simple honestly, get a top six winger, because if they don’t after getting lindholm, it was pointless, because we’re not good enough to win the cup, bearing some miracle demko run

They need to make one more trade give us a serious shot

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
The assumption here is he would...still be dumped somewhere.

Like, no. No one "forgot" Kuzmenko was traded away.
It’s not guaranteed he would be able to get dumped, especially the longer they held them, he was really really struggling

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It’s very simple honestly, get a top six winger, because if they don’t after getting lindholm, it was pointless, because we’re not good enough to win the cup, bearing some miracle demko run

Does 9 goal Zucker qualify?

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser

I wouldn't call acquiring a top 6 winger 'simple' with the assets the Canucks have as untouchable.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
While I did expect them to make a move to bolster the middle 6 or get a depth D....we made more moves than most teams already.

We got Friedman, traded Beauvilier and used the pick to get Zadorov, cleared some cap trading Studnicka then later got Lindholm, freeing up 5.5 mil next season so they could sign Petey comfortably.

All that is in season for us. Not to mention the good work of trading a 5th for Lafferty and Tanner Pearson for Casey DeSmith right before the season started.

Reactions: quat and Vector

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I wouldn't call acquiring a top 6 winger 'simple' with the assets the Canucks have as untouchable.
You can find one if you trade next year’s first rounder, the prices for wingers are pretty fair right now, come up with a package and get Vetrano, the bigger issue is, we’re gonna dump cap to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad