Trade Deadline Thread: GOLDEN CHAOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I really think those Lekkerimaki and Willander contracts are very important to this team given OEL’s penalty. Unless you think that neither of them will be top four/top six contributors during that contract, you have to be careful moving them.

… if you don’t, then you probably should move them and go all in this year and next

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Saw someone on Twitter said the Canucks should put Myers on LTIR to create cap space

I replied “He has to agree to it and why would he do it when he’s probably going to play very soon?”

He said “To create more cap space for the team and it’s not like he loses salary”

Man…some adults really have comprehension problem

Reactions: Peen

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The trades I wish the Canucks were in on/outbid: The Trenin and Toffoli trades.

Both would fit the team well, are effective, and the trade prices were not that high. Not really bummed about Guentzel at all.

Reactions: andora

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
We are going far in the playoffs if we have a winger who hasnt scored in 33 straight games in our top 6.

Also what was with all this BS from management putting the pressure on Petey to re-sign so that the Canucks can have cost certainty and make big moves at the deadline...

Im still holding out for Buchnevich

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The trades I wish the Canucks were in on/outbid: The Trenin and Toffoli trades.

Both would fit the team well, are effective, and the trade prices were not that high. Not really bummed about Guentzel at all.

Frankly, it's looking like if we didn't make the Lindholm trade we may have been able to bring Tanev and Toffoli back.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, they likely would have had the ammo for two significant additions.
Kuzmenko was dumped in that trade

There’s a very good chance nobody else would take him, we would not have the cap space for both of them imo

Last edited:
Reactions: oceanchild
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad