Trade Deadline Thread: GOLDEN CHAOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2018
Greenway seems like an obvious choice who’s a big body that can bang. I expect him to become a Canuck and a sneaky one is Chychrun. He’s played for Tocchet and has some term.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So everyone’s loaded up but us? I know having a good deadline doesn’t mean you’ll win the cup, but we have serious flaws, and if Lindholm was the only going for it move, they might as well just kept the first in my opinion.
Van made moves earlier in the season. Guess since they were not TDL moves, it has been forgotten. And realistically, given the history of TDL trades, a good number of these moves will just be meh...

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Does that Toffoli deal set Zuckers value at roughly a 3rd?

Zucker's value should be way way way lower. Like I don't even really understand why there's a market for him. He's way less productive and has a higher cap hit.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
At this point I’m happier keeping Lekkerimäki and Willander. The Pettersson extension changes our window. Nowhere near as much pressure to treat this year as an all-in year. They can still compete with any of these teams.

The arrival of our prospects might actually make future iterations of this team stronger than this season.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Zucker's value should be way way way lower. Like I don't even really understand why there's a market for him. He's way less productive and has a higher cap hit.
Hasn't been good for 7 seasons now aside from 1 season where he split time with either Malkin or Crosby.

Name and past reputation is why he will fetch a 2nd or 3rd, which is still too much of a washed up player like him.

Reactions: Vector and andora

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Given the PITIFUL state of the team before this season, barring a catastrophic meltdown, I'm OK with whatever that transpires from this point on.

We're not rich in assets, what's been done so far are already pretty hard to pull off.
Agree. I trust the management team. I also think they know that they need another winger and D but don’t want to disrupt the locker room with a Myers/Cole trade and they don’t want to pay to get out of Mikheyev given how asset deficient we remain.

So they were always in a tough spot.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Greenway seems like an obvious choice who’s a big body that can bang. I expect him to become a Canuck and a sneaky one is Chychrun. He’s played for Tocchet and has some term.
Greenway just isn't very good though.

Chychrun is interesting as a long-term top-four LD. But he's more of an offensive bent and he's just not going to get those minutes in VAN.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Haven’t looked at the numbers but the team is going to be pretty hamstrung by the cap. Most trades would have to move money out. Not sure they can justify moving out a defenceman to bring in a forward, and don’t really have anyone upfront on an expiring deal to send out to bring in someone like Toffolli.

Have to expect any adds at this point will be for depth guys near the minimum (unless they shift their focus to D and move out one of their pending UFAs).

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If the team isn't sold on Silovs longterm, I wouldn't mind moving him to recoup some picks for ourselves. I know it's not a typical move for a team considered a buyer but we've been hemorrhaging picks for a while now, it would be nice to start rebuilding our cupboard a bit.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Moving our assets for Lindholm early on kind of screwed us over in our ability to do anything else. Might have been a rare miss for our front office to target him instead of a more impactful player.

The fact Lindholm turned out to be more of a third liner for us is definitely a miss, the fact is we needed another guy for the top six and now we may not be able to afford one.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Re: Toffoli

This is where having to trade a 2nd and 3rd to unload Dickinson and Pearson comes back to bite us. To a lesser extent, having to give up potentially a bit of a premium to get Kuzmenko and his next year off the books also chipped away at our extraneous assets for trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad