Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Need Top 6 W. Toffoli is the only one that is that of the names mentioned.

They also wanted size. I don’t see any size with the names mentioned.

Not sure if just too initially focused on Guentzel or what, but given all the talk, very disappointing so far.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If they can't get a top-six guy, I'll take one more top-nine guy with some size and jam. I'd still like to see another bottom-pair defenseman since I'm still nervous about Cole's age and other potential bang-ups and injuries.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
After watching our relentless forecheck give Vegas fits all night im surprised people want Toffoli.

Buch
Bjug

Depth D Man

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
After watching our relentless forecheck give Vegas fits all night im surprised people want Toffoli.

Buch
Bjug

Depth D Man

Toffoli already has chemistry with our players, knows the group and liked it here. But yeah, for a molasses slow forward group he’s not ideal. I am not that sold on Bjugstad, would be very happy if they somehow ended the day with Buchnevich and Greenway (ideally with a bit of retention for next year but that’s moo probably not realistic).

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Sure feels like the Lindholm trade rumors were more just a way to light a fire under him.

It would not be a good look to be flipped so quickly when you are seeking your payday contract.

Professional and personal shot across the bow to not be another John Klingberg.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Toffoli already has chemistry with your players, knows the group and liked it here. But yeah, for a molasses slow forward group he’s not ideal. I am not that sold on Bjugstad, e would be very happy if they somehow ended the day with Buchnevich and Greenway.
I like Bjug for his PK, FO and hes right handed. Size and scoring at a very respectable rate this year.

Also, he can play W instead of C.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
They definitely have that much cap space currently - so this thinking must be factoring in potential trades, no?

It's what I've been saying the whole time, they want to make another move beyond just signing Kessel. Have about 1.1m

Probably has to do with making him eligible for the AHL playoffs?

More so to gain roster space and open up the cap space.

Can you directly assign a player to ahl and have the cap come off immediately while the waiver 24hr process runs? Cause if not it wont finish till tomorrow so cap stays on today

They still count towards the cap while the 24hr process is ongoing, as far as I can tell.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Sure feels like the Lindholm trade rumors were more just a way to light a fire under him.

It would not be a good look to be flipped so quickly when you are seeking your payday contract.

Professional and personal shot across the bow to not be another John Klingberg.
Probably mostly just conjecture. It was always a long shot.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not sure if Dhaliwal is being fed excuses or what, but this doesn't track.

If Kessel is signing at the minimum salary, then his cap hit would be lower than whoever he is replacing on the roster.

The idea is that unless they do another move, they only have enough capspace to make one move.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
It's what I've been saying the whole time, they want to make another move beyond just signing Kessel. Have about 1.1m

More so to gain roster space and open up the cap space.

They still count towards the cap while the 24hr process is ongoing, as far as I can tell.
Yeah that's what I have figured as well

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
DeAngelo was well liked in the Canes room that’s why he came back this year but he just sucks at hockey.

Reactions: DimitriL07

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Kuzmenko should have more value at this stage over a guy like Kuznetsov who intentionally mails it in most nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad