Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Dubas got what he set out for which was prospects. Bunch of 20-22 year olds. 2020, 2021 former 2nd rounders and a former 4th in 2022. Doesn’t want to wait 3/4 years for the return. Probably see one of them next season or two.

Have to wonder if Pens give Ponomarev a look to end the season here. He was in contention for a spot on the Canes at the start of the year then got hurt.

Pens are definitely trying to get one more run out of Sid in the next few years and I think it’s going to be the worst thing they could probably do.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
brandon duhaime would have been a nice fit for the 4th line as well. theyve lost their identity for a the past 3 weeks since tocheet called them out on it.

Ok sedins long gone, and we still need adds rn to keep up.

I love phil the thrill as much as anyone but that's clearly not enough this year and surely mgmt knows that.

The near absolute silence from van indicates they're cooking up something.
something big. maybe guys with term left.

Reactions: PG Canuck

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
It's a bit surprising to see Drance and Burke compare Bunting, who has somehow managed to be sub-50% xG on Carolina of all teams, to players like Hoglander and Garland. Just completely off. Bunting isn't the same guy in Carolina as he was in Toronto - probably just a bad fit, but that's pretty much a free cap dump for two more years. And the pick slides to the 2nd round pick belonging to the team currently in 3rd in the Metro? Yikes.

I don't know much about the Carolina prospects but it seems like Ponomarev's history reads like a Podkolzin/Bains type.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
His work with the leafs would have looked magnificent if not for the flat cap.

Think he’s a perfectly fine GM, he did get screwed but I still maintain they blew up their cap structure with Tavares.

I mean most of his contemporaries are older enough to be his dad, he’ll get better the more experienced he becomes as well. I think when he gets let go, whoever is able to hire him is very lucky.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Mathieu Olivier is someone I’d also target for the 4th line. He’s also a much better fighter and a heavy weight than Duhaime.

Aman for Olivier

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
While contending for the cup.

Really dont know why picks and prospects matter in their situation...
They didn’t even make a run, overpaid for the top forwards (I know the cap being flat skewed that) and was given the opportunity and did trade away significant futures each year and yet remained committed to a flawed core. I’m not convinced he did a great job in Toronto.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
9 hours

I doubt we trade Lindholm at this point, but NYR and Boston have yet to do anything (no interest in moving him to a western conference team if we do move him)

Toffoli, Zucker, Bjugstad are of interest St. Louis wants to much for Buchenvich imo

Dumba, Johnson, Jokiharju on the RHD

Okay with trading our second next year and the second tier of assets (would like to keep Pod). Need to move Mikheyev IMO or LTIR him (to late I think).

Crosby..?
Yea please

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Avs adding Mittelstadt, Duhaime and Walker are A+ moves. They’re scary and they might not even be done

Yeah, they rounded out their team very well. Don't forget Trenin, too, who is a fine depth piece.

And then if Landeskog and/or Nichushkin come back for the playoffs lol...

Reactions: DFAC and geebaan

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
He left them with zero prospect pool and draft picks

I mean, I’m willing to pay someone to do it… I have a poor gag reflex myself and won’t be able to help.

lol!

I mean, the Leafs are Cup or bust and were for every single of the 5 seasons he was there. That’s kind of just happens naturally, provided you are doing it right.

Yeah, they rounded out their team very well. Don't forget Trenin, too, who is a fine depth piece.

And then if Landeskog and/or Nichushkin come back for the playoffs lol...

Colorado/Dallas should probably be the West final, but it’ll be a 2nd round matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad