Speculation: Trade Deadline Targets: Forwards

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I liked the idea of Granlund before Jost's resurgence at 3C. Now though it feels like adding him would be a recipe to see the Bednar blender every game. I'd prefer if they added a more physical type, hence the top 3 in my list are Laughton, Foligno, and Jenner.

Like I said; I’m open minded. You can make a case for the other guys as well. It’s just that I feel there’s a dearth of playmaking in the bottom 9 and I’ve often wondered if this was the source of some of the inconsistency.

A heavier game is played in the playoffs but I go back and forth on that. Maybe it’s better to diversify or maybe it’s better to stay true to identity and maintain a purity of vision? I’m not sure which is better.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
He has a NMC and according to a recent article in The Athletic where Bob Murray was interviewed there's no indication that Getzlaf wants to move.

Ok but there is no indication he wouldn’t want to move. And it’s true for other guys in your list.

To me Getzlaf is the perfect 3C, UFA, he would be an instant clear improvement for the team, we all know depth will be an issue with all the injuries.

But I agree, we don’t know if he’s interested. Anyway, I don’t see the other names as a clear upgrade from the actual Jost.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane

Time for some Wood?

1e1da43ed098d61c4e891ebae8bcde62.jpg

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Like I said; I’m open minded. You can make a case for the other guys as well. It’s just that I feel there’s a dearth of playmaking in the bottom 9 and I’ve often wondered if this was the source of some of the inconsistency.

A heavier game is played in the playoffs but I go back and forth on that. Maybe it’s better to diversify or maybe it’s better to stay true to identity and maintain a purity of vision? I’m not sure which is better.
I wouldnt' be disappoined at all if we got Granlund, as he gives us options with the lines. I just think he'd be a bit overkill in the role we'd have for him.

Then again, if you add him and put him on the wing on th 2nd line to feed passes to Burakovsky and Kadri you can drop Saad to the 3rd line, and theoretically he should be able to replicate what Nichuskin does enough for that line to continue working. Then you get Nichuskin on the 4th line which is just a pure luxury.

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Granlund ------- Kadri --------- Burakovsky
Saad -------------- Jost ---------- Donskoi
Nichuskin ----- Bellemare ---- Compher/Calvert/O'Connor

The 3rd line has been pretty amazing lately, but the 2nd line has been ice-cold, so perhaps adding a playmaker on the bottom 6 and upgrading your bottom 6 by extension wouldn't be a bad idea. Moreover, Granlund provides insurance at C in case you have an injury.

That said, Nashville are in a playoff spot, so it's no a given that they'd want to move him.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Is Rakell injured for a while, or is he expected back soon? His injury looked kinda bad but I haven't seen any confirmation on him.

If he's back maybe he's someone you look closely at to give the team yet another sniper. The extra year kinda messes with the expansion draft plan though.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I wouldnt' be disappoined at all if we got Granlund, as he gives us options with the lines. I just think he'd be a bit overkill in the role we'd have for him.

Then again, if you add him and put him on the wing on th 2nd line to feed passes to Burakovsky and Kadri you can drop Saad to the 3rd line, and theoretically he should be able to replicate what Nichuskin does enough for that line to continue working. Then you get Nichuskin on the 4th line which is just a pure luxury.

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Granlund ------- Kadri --------- Burakovsky
Saad -------------- Jost ---------- Donskoi
Nichuskin ----- Bellemare ---- Compher/Calvert/O'Connor

The 3rd line has been pretty amazing lately, but the 2nd line has been ice-cold, so perhaps adding a playmaker on the bottom 6 and upgrading your bottom 6 by extension wouldn't be a bad idea. Moreover, Granlund provides insurance at C in case you have an injury.

That said, Nashville are in a playoff spot, so it's no a given that they'd want to move him.

Gotta be a better option than Granny.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Is Rakell injured for a while, or is he expected back soon? His injury looked kinda bad but I haven't seen any confirmation on him.

If he's back maybe he's someone you look closely at to give the team yet another sniper. The extra year kinda messes with the expansion draft plan though.

Expose Burky, then?

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Jarnkrok it will be
I like it in theory, but his career playoff production makes me wary. 3 goals in 58 games is a bad return. And based on how Sakic has brought in guys with proven playoff production in the past (eg. Burakovsky, Donskoi, Cole, Saad, and even Bednar who won the championships in the AHL and ECHL) I think he would be averse to targetting Jarnkrok.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Can't find anything on his status except:

...the status of winger Rickard Rakell remains uncertain after he missed the last game with an upper-body injury.

Oddly familiar...

Reactions: Richard88

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I like it in theory, but his career playoff production makes me wary. 3 goals in 58 games is a bad return. And based on how Sakic has brought in guys with proven playoff production in the past (eg. Burakovsky, Donskoi, Cole, Saad, and even Bednar who won the championships in the AHL and ECHL) I think he would be averse to targetting Jarnkrok.

Hmm, hadn't thought about that.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
It seems like Rakell might be more versatile, too.
With Rakell you can have a serious conversation about putting Rantanen on the 2nd line.

Landeskog ---- Mackinnon --- Rakell
Burakovsky ------ Kadri ------- Rantanen
Nichuskin ------- Newhook ---- Donskoi
O'Connor---------- Jost --------- Kaut
(Bowers, Kovalenko)

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

Nashville and New Jersey have sent scouts so far. That's all the evidence I have.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Eats up cap space too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad