Speculation: Trade Deadline Targets: Forwards

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I like that you included playoff stats. Having someone who can perform in the playoffs should be the top priority. That being said I'm not sure they put a lot of effort into getting a forward this year with the way all the lines are clicking.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Laughton seems to make the most sense to me between cap cost, cost to acquire, Avs need, and the willingness of his current team to give him up.

Wood is 2nd on those same terms to me.

I think either guy is acquirable and would help the Avs a ton.

Reactions: Richard88
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I’d be pleasantly surprised if the Avs could upgrade on one of Bura, Saad or Kadri though I’d think the likelihood of that happening would be close to zero.

Faksa would be great, but I’m also a big fan of that third line these days.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I’d be pleasantly surprised if the Avs could upgrade on one of Bura, Saad or Kadri though I’d think the likelihood of that happening would be close to zero.

Faksa would be great, but I’m also a big fan of that third line these days.

But imagine LOC and Calvert/Compher/PEB flanking Faksa on the 4th!! Avs 4th line would be a weapon in the playoffs.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Adding Faksa but keeping the 3rd line intact... hadn't really thought of that much before...

You'd have a monster of a 4th line this year and next year with one of Jost/Newhook at 3C and the other on the wing. Then when Kadri leaves you simply bump Newhook up to 2C and have Faksa and Jost as your bottom 6 C's. That might sound absurd but Newhook on an ELC and Jost likely being on a cheap deal would possibly make that feasible, especially since Faksa is also signed to a good contract.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
We’re Dallas to trade Faksa, they’d get a pretty penny.

I’m still not sure why the Devils would be looking to trade Wood. He’s under contract for a year and an RFA after that. They aren’t under cap pressure and he only makes $2.75M.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We’re Dallas to trade Faksa, they’d get a pretty penny.

I’m still not sure why the Devils would be looking to trade Wood. He’s under contract for a year and an RFA after that. They aren’t under cap pressure and he only makes $2.75M.
I’d trade a good amount for Faksa. He’s a damn good C who’s got a super reasonable contract and locks up the 3C position for the next 5 years and fits the age group perfectly. I’d give up our first+ for him pretty easily.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I’d trade a good amount for Faksa. He’s a damn good C who’s got a super reasonable contract and locks up the 3C position for the next 5 years and fits the age group perfectly. I’d give up our first+ for him pretty easily.
They'd probably ask for a RHD prospect given that their prospect pool is completely bereft of RHD's. Most likely Barron or Helleson.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I’m open minded really. But playmaking is a dimension that I wouldn’t mind adding to the forward group. I’ve been an advocate of Granlund for a good while now for that reason.

I also don’t think he’d take away from Jost as 3C either. He can be a facilitator from the wing.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I’m open minded really. But playmaking is a dimension that I wouldn’t mind adding to the forward group. I’ve been an advocate of Granlund for a good while now for that reason.

I also don’t think he’d take away from Jost as 3C either. He can be a facilitator from the wing.
Which one of Nichuskin or Donskoi do you bump down to the 4th line to fit Granlund in there?

That line is working incredibly well right now so I wouldn't change it. Granlund as a 4LW might be miscast a bit and his biggest offensive weapon (his passing) would be a bit wasted with Bellemare and Compher/Calvert/O'Connor.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Which one of Nichuskin or Donskoi do you bump down to the 4th line to fit Granlund in there?

That line is working incredibly well right now so I wouldn't change it. Granlund as a 4LW might be miscast a bit and his biggest offensive weapon (his passing) would be a bit wasted with Bellemare and Compher/Calvert/O'Connor.

Well, I think Granlund could travers the bottom three lines as needed. If one of the lines isn’t clicking, maybe insert him there to generate more offense.

Bednar likes having line combinations and I think this would give him flexibility.

But you’re right, as of this moment, the 3rd line has found its footing. I’d say maybe have him as a 4th line C but as needed, put him on Kadri’s wing? And then if the 3rd line tapers off, you could do something there too.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Well, I think Granlund could travers the bottom three lines as needed. If one of the lines isn’t clicking, maybe insert him there to generate more offense.

Bednar likes having line combinations and I think this would give him flexibility.

But you’re right, as of this moment, the 3rd line has found its footing. I’d say maybe have him as a 4th line C but as needed, put him on Kadri’s wing? And then if the 3rd line tapers off, you could do something there too.
I liked the idea of Granlund before Jost's resurgence at 3C. Now though it feels like adding him would be a recipe to see the Bednar blender every game. I'd prefer if they added a more physical type, hence the top 3 in my list are Laughton, Foligno, and Jenner.

Actually, come to think of it, I know that I put Miles Wood at 7th and Granlund 5th, but I'd probably be inclined to take Wood instead of Granlund, 3C insurance be damned. If we lose a C to injury then that'll be a good excuse to throw Newhook or Bowers in, sink or swim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad