Speculation: Trade Deadline Talk - March 8th, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
At this point I almost want them to just keep doing it so it'll get to a point that the rules are actually changed. Seeing guys like Lu and the Spittin Chiclets finally calling them out. Maybe some of these media guys will have the balls to actually say something.

Reactions: Laus723

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Not every team has an owner willing to spend that much money which is understandable. Florida JUST became profitable. It's the same in the NBA. Not everyone has the money to spend so much in luxury taxes

Every team CAN do this, but not every team is capable of doing this and especially to that degree.

Reactions: I am not exposed

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Honestly I'm just impressed. A part of me is like why doesn't Florida do this? Tampa asked for this changed 9 years ago, we'll see if there's more teams vocal next CBA.
An absolute guarantee this gets changed next CBA. Vegas is making a farce of things.

I really hope the NHL is investigating their "LTIR" players and their conditions. Stone coming back for Game 1 two straight years will be a complete fkn joke.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Have you seen Ekblad skate? Could any healthy player be that slow-Panthers to the NHL upon placing Ekblad on LTIR
Just need to hurt his spleen apparently?

Do some bullshit line about how his teeth hurt or something dumb like that. Vegas next year will just say "Stone has a poopy bum" until he's back for the playoffs. They don't give a f*** and no one else should at this point.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I really hope the NHL is investigating their "LTIR" players and their conditions. Stone coming back for Game 1 two straight years will be a complete fkn joke.

Can't do anything about it. Doctors can't confirm that an athlete is injured/suffers from e.g. MTSS, and even if they did engage in that activity then it opens another venue of competition, like which team employs the best injury faking department (á la video review team for coaches challenges).

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Well, the NHL being a joke is nothing new. It's just too bad they have such a hard-on about seeing Vegas succeed and be the center of the hockey world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad