Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hey y'all

Not sure if we're going to add a big piece this year, likely just more depth:

3rd line winger?
Depth defenseman?

We have 2025 and 2026 2nds but the 2026 1st already has conditions on it. We also have all of our 3rd rounders for 2024 to 2026 which may be one of the pieces we use.

Screenshot_20240129_100146_Samsung Internet.jpg

Think we will be more watching what additions other teams do in our division and in the Metropolitan.

What's your thoughts?

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m optimistic that we don’t need to add.

Defense is already okay and barring additional injuries, Monty will improve and Ek will improve.

Offense is almost there and, also barring injuries, the latest signs point at Lundell getting back in the groove and Samo being an option as well. All we need then are 1) ERod to score without it being luck, and 2) Luo to score, even by luck.

PP is good (Carter’s addition really works because of the threat he presents, and they should use him more IMO) and PK is good.

Both goalies are doing great right now. Keep it going!

Reactions: Prominence Problem

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Going to acquire Beauvillier my friends and use him inter-changeably with barky and lundy

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
A player that can play on the 3rd and keep cousins out of the lineup, if the price is right of course

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
No major picks, no blue chip prospects, no significant cap space.

Expecting some depth help at best.

Last edited:

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Idk, I think with more time to cook Mackie becomes a mainstay. Unless you can get a bonafide 3rd line winger for cheap I don't think we have to really do anything.

Perhaps the first time in a long time I have no complaints or anything to bitch and moan about regarding this team. We've been consistently good.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Posted a main board thread on these players.
Curious of their value and season to date, the good and bad.

Oloffson - BUF
Bjugstad - ARI
Kaliyev - LA
Berggren - DET
Roslovic - CBJ
Johnson - CHI

Think they could help and won't break the bank for Zito. Anyone have other 3rd line winger ideas?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Would like Bjugstad for the right price. Can play center or wing. Probably wing to start. Unlikely though.

Roslovic is another interesting player and there’s some Jacket connections for Zito.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Posted a main board thread on these players.
Curious of their value and season to date, the good and bad.

Oloffson - BUF
Bjugstad - ARI
Kaliyev - LA
Berggren - DET
Roslovic - CBJ
Johnson - CHI

Think they could help and won't break the bank for Zito. Anyone have other 3rd line winger ideas?
Heard Nic Dowd from Washington thrown out there somewhere.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Seems like Kaapo Kakko is being shopped by NYR. Thoughts?
I like Kaapo and have always wanted him to succeed.

That being said, given how deep our winger position is, he would likely be saddled on the 3rd line and on the 2nd PP. It'd be very similar to his NYR situation and we all know how thats working out so far.

Unlike other teams that aren't as wing heavy, we wouldn't be able to afford giving him more opportunities to try and develop him into something more than he currently is. (Top 6 minutes, 1st PP unit)

The upside is he'd be on a line with other finnish players not to mention a potential mentor in Barkov. This could help with his confidence which in turn could positively affect his play.

All in all, I don't think it would be the best fit. But it wouldn't be the worst acquisition, the Panthers organization has had a habit of turning careers around the past few years (Verhaeghe, Bennett, OEL, Montour) so I see the potential

Last edited:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I like Kaapo and have always wanted him to succeed.

That being said, given how deep our winger position is, he would likely be saddled on the 3rd line and on the 2nd PP. It'd be very similar to his NYR situation and we all know how thats working out so far.

Unlike other teams that aren't as wing heavy, we wouldn't be able to afford giving him more opportunities to try and develop him into something more than he currently is. (Top 6 minutes, 1st PP unit)

The upside is he'd be on a line with other finnish players not to mention a potential mentor in Barkov. This could help with his confidence which in turn could positively affect his play.

All in all, I don't think it would be the best fit. But it wouldn't be the worst acquisition, the Panthers organization has had a habit of turning around careers the past few years (Verhaeghe, Bennett, OEL, Montour) so I see the potential
IMO we need more skill for the bottom-6. Reino should stick with Barky and ERod. Reino plays well with Luostarinen and Lundell, but the 1st line combo is so much better. Samo is not ready yet. An all Finnish forward line with Kakko, Lundell and Luostarinen sounds very tempting to me and sounds like a good setup for Kakko to succeed and play without (defensive) pressure.

And Lombo with Stenlund and Cousins is just nasty.

Reactions: Felidae

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
IMO we need more skill for the bottom-6. Reino should stick with Barky and ERod. Reino plays well with Luostarinen and Lundell, but the 1st line combo is so much better. Samo is not ready yet. An all Finnish forward line with Kakko, Lundell and Luostarinen sounds very tempting to me and sounds like a good setup for Kakko to succeed and play without (defensive) pressure.

And Lombo with Stenlund and Cousins is just nasty.
Kappo salary is 2,1 m. He’s an RFA next year as well. We can afford him so why not.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I wonder if we'll look into adding a righty 6th dman to play with OEL. Maurice had a big thing about handedness last year and Kuli/ Mahura/ Balinskis are all lefties playing on the right. Aside from getting a scoring winger to play with Luosty-Lundell, that seems to be our only other "weak" spot right now.

Reactions: KW

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think we are more likely to trade AWAY a D (Mahura) rather than trade FOR a D unless Kulikov is part of the package

Have to wonder he'll be part of a bigger deal than just him in a trade.

Like Mahura+3rd +meh prospect for a winger

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I’d love Henrique but it’s probably an unrealistic target. We will need to go bargain bin shopping and hope whoever we bring in overachieves here.

Reactions: Dread Clawz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad