Trade Deadline Talk | EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Except Chychrun has an extra year at a very low price (2 vs 1).

Either way you are paying them coming up.

Or worst, Chychrun tests the open market and you lose him for nothing.

RFA gives the team way more leverage to get a fair extension.

Chychrun as a UFA will likely be demanding 8-9M on a 8 year deal.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
It's pretty simple.

RFA means a long term extension at a fair price is beneficial to both parties. Very rarely do players go through the QO process. We should be able to get Hronek at a good price tag (think 6.5-7M). I highly doubt he's getting 7M or more.

UFA means Chycrun has almost all the leverage. He's going to be demanding $8M-9M a year if he continues his pace. Worst case is he could decide to test the open market, leaving Ottawa in big disadvantage. They would be forced to trade him for pennies on the dollar or risk losing him for nothing.

hronek has the exact same amount of leverage as chychrun. they can both be ufas in summer 2025

they can also both sign extensions. the only real difference is hronek can sign one starting july 1 if he wants and chychrun has to wait until july 1 next year

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Who cares if Chychrun is a UFA after 2 seasons. If we could then flip him again at the deadline in 2 years and recoup assets worst case scenario.

With Hronek the Canucks will sign him to some outrageous term deal because he’s their guy and invested a huge price to land him. And we’re back to square one.

Let’s hope he plays well at this point, otherwise, the pitchforks are out.

Reactions: PM

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
hronek has the exact same amount of leverage as chychrun. they can both be ufas in summer 2025
They do not have the same amount of leverage. Hronek can only become a UFA in 2025 if he signs a 1 year contract extension.

Reactions: JohnHodgson

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
They do not have the same amount of leverage. Hronek can only become a UFA in 2025 if he signs a 1 year contract extension.

sure, but he can sign a 1 year extension if he wants. all he has to do is accept his qo. the only way the canucks can stop this is by not extending him an offer and letting him become a ufa one year early

i'm not saying hronek is going to force his way out or anything i'm just explaining why rfas with only one year left of team control have just as much leverage as ufas

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Except Chychrun has an extra year at a very low price (2 vs 1).

Either way you are paying them coming up.

Ahh there we go.

I can absolutely see this org bidding two 1sts for Provorov.

Why would this org bid two 1sts for Provorov?

Man you really sipping this hatorade good.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Or worst, Chychrun tests the open market and you lose him for nothing.

RFA gives the team way more leverage to get a fair extension.

Chychrun as a UFA will likely be demanding 8-9M on a 8 year deal.

In 3 years. Isn't this management team trying to win a cup in the next two years? Or do they feel Miller, Kuzmenko and go will be incredible into their 30s?

Reactions: 4th line culture

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
okay, and so how is chychrun's 2 year deal that expires ufa different than hronek's kinda-sorta 2 year deal that expires ufa? i expect hronek to extend but i also expect him to get basically market value (so something like 7m if he keeps putting up points) because his deal isn't that different than chychrun's when you actually look at it

So Hronek sucks, but market value is $7m? Not sure how that makes sense.

Rebuilding the blueline is the only way this organization gets back to respectable. I don't know if this deal does that, but if the pro scouting gets it right, it will be a big step. We all wanted help on the blueline when Horvat or Miller got dealt, and now Allvin has done that.

I get the initial shock at moving the NYI pick. But the point of draft picks is to add quality to your lineup. Personally, I find this trade hard to really evaluate until we see how Hronek fits with Tocchet and until we see what other moves happen between now and the start of next season.

So far, pro scouting has been solid under this regime. If he can step in and be a legit top 4 RHD, we improve significantly.

Amd for those that still need to hear this, we didn't add a 2nd, we moved back 2 rounds.

Reactions: JohnHodgson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad