Trade Deadline Talk | EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
You literally couldnt have as Ottawa's offer is more then what we paid. But go ahead make up scenarios in your head

Ottawa's offer is not really much more. Our picks are higher and sooner than there's. If we matched that 2026 second rounder 100% we win that bargaining.

Reactions: PM

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
Lol how did JT Miller work out. 3 of 4 years out of it at the half way mark.

Worked for him lol.

If you evaluate every player based on the team performance you'll think everyone has no value every time the team is bad.

May as well just trade career losers Petterson and Hughes.

The initial Miller move gave us the opportunity to cash in for more last year.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
the isles 1st, the canucks 2023 2nd and a 2nd or 3rd in a future draft would easily have matched ottawa's offer for chychrun

even if you like the hronek trade you should agree the senators got a better player for little more under the exact same circumstances

Reactions: racerjoe and PM

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
One thing I find very concerning about Alvin is he is totally exaggerating the quality of assets he got back in trade when hes announcing it. The three 1sts bullshit, the Hronek top pairing statement. Lying through his teeth or totally delusional
He’s the dumbass kid in class, with no friends but continually tries to fit in.

Now he has a job of importance and trying to brag about how good these players and assets are.

But everyone knows they are shit.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
His contract expires as a UFA.

Hronek expires as a RFA.

This makes a huge difference in contract negotiations.
So we are worrying about 3 years from now to access the value of a player? Those arguments are only ever used in the contract year, not in contracts with term. This is moot. Please present me examples of this logic and I'll kindly step back. From what I understand from your posts, u presume to think this is a team to challenge for playoffs and has trust in management, I fail to see how even if that's your logic, adding a superior defenseman with the same term and dollars is different in negotiations. Ur saying if all things created equal, ud take the worse of the 2 d because he's an RFA in 3 yrs?

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
not sure if this has been posted here, but with what i assume to be the most russians in the league, i'm like 70% sure the canucks are going to try and fit ivan provorov here, which would be very nightmareish for my moral compass

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Which is why it won't happen.

If he keeps current pace, Canucks are going to give him an extension at a fair price.

okay, and so how is chychrun's 2 year deal that expires ufa different than hronek's kinda-sorta 2 year deal that expires ufa? i expect hronek to extend but i also expect him to get basically market value (so something like 7m if he keeps putting up points) because his deal isn't that different than chychrun's when you actually look at it

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
The trade is certainly debatable but the angst and dramatic takes filling this thread are exceeding even the Bruce there it is drama, which was just a few weeks ago but already feels like a previous lifetime.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
If we drafted a RD at 13 and he began his career averaging 22 minutes a night over 5 years from ages 20 to 25 with good all around play.... we would be ecstatic.

If the Canucks drafted him, they would have gotten the benefit of his play over all those years.

That's kind of the point. If you constantly expend assets in draft picks and salary cap space, eventually the tank will run empty.

Reactions: pitseleh

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
not sure if this has been posted here, but with what i assume to be the most russians in the league, i'm like 70% sure the canucks are going to try and fit ivan provorov here, which would be very nightmareish for my moral compass

We literally dont have the cap room

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
okay, and so how is chychrun's 2 year deal that expires ufa different than hronek's kinda-sorta 2 year deal that expires ufa? i expect hronek to extend but i also expect him to get basically market value (so something like 7m if he keeps putting up points) because his deal isn't that different than chychrun's when you actually look at it

It's pretty simple.

RFA means a long term extension at a fair price is beneficial to both parties. Very rarely do players go through the QO process. We should be able to get Hronek at a good price tag (think 6.5-7M). I highly doubt he's getting 7M or more.

UFA means Chycrun has almost all the leverage. He's going to be demanding $8M-9M a year if he continues his pace. Worst case is he could decide to test the open market, leaving Ottawa in big disadvantage. They would be forced to trade him for pennies on the dollar or risk losing him for nothing.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Chychrun being a UFA and Hronek being a RFA makes a huge difference value wise.

Except Chychrun has an extra year at a very low price (2 vs 1).

Either way you are paying them coming up.

Ahh there we go.

I can absolutely see this org bidding two 1sts for Provorov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad