Speculation: Trade Deadline Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Avs fan here who lives very close to Brandon Manitoba and who got to watch Clague quite often. I was looking at your prospect rankings thread and see he's ranked 5th best prospect to you guys.

Just wondering what his value is and what you would want for him?

Avs and Kings scouting each other lots in January as well as the farm teams. If he was part of a deal I'd be curious on the ask.

If it's players to help for a playoff push, there's Iginla, Colbourne, Comeau,Beaucheman, Wiercioch, Tyutin.

Obviously Avs would have to eat some salary on some and throw in a pick.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Avs fan here who lives very close to Brandon Manitoba and who got to watch Clague quite often. I was looking at your prospect rankings thread and see he's ranked 5th best prospect to you guys.

Avs and Kings scouting each other lots in January as well as the farm teams. If he was part of a deal I'd be curious on the ask.

If it's players to help for a playoff push, there's Iginla, Colbourne, Comeau,Beaucheman, Wiercioch, Tyutin.

I honestly hope Dean doesn't trade Clague for any of those guys.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

I could see him available in a trade that helps the kings long term Ie for landeskog or duchene None of your ufa make any sense to give him up for

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kings Interested in Iginla?

Of course they are! Old, on a decline, etc.

If you get him for super cheap I don't see what the problem is. People said Lecavalier was done, and he turned out to be one of the better players for us down the stretch.

If the Kings are looking good leading up the deadline, I wouldn't be opposed to a 5th/6th round pick for Iggy. Nothing to lose.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I understand not wanting to trade a young asset who showed good in the juniors for team Canada.

But would Iginla and a 3rd be fair?

Or am I way off?

way off. No desire for Iginla, he is done. I love Iggy but there is just nothing left in the tank. If LA does not win it all I will be routing for whatever team acquires him (as long as it's not the ducks).

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I was calling Iginla to the Kings since the season began. it makes a lot of sense, as long as it's cheap. And there's no reason it shouldn't be, unless the Avs are literally penny pinching. I'm talking 4th/5th for Iginla at 50% cheap. Anything more expensive isn't worth it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

If Clague is the ask then it would be in a package for Landeskog or Duchene, or maybe looking at your avatar Trouba.
So in other words Clague goes no where. LA does not have the right space to land the avs players and the jets are not dealing Trouba.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I was calling Iginla to the Kings since the season began. it makes a lot of sense, as long as it's cheap. And there's no reason it shouldn't be, unless the Avs are literally penny pinching. I'm talking 4th/5th for Iginla at 50% cheap. Anything more expensive isn't worth it.

When he signed in Colorado I said LA would pick him up at the deadline on the last year of his deal and go on to win the cup. The issue though is that since then Iginla's age has really shown. Guy has been a warrior for years and is sure to be in the Hall of Fame, but now I do not want him at all.
Would rather have Setoguchi back and in the lineup

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Mike Vogel reporting that, in addition to the Kings covering 20% of Gilbert's salary, if the Caps win at least two playoff rounds with Gilbert playing in at least half of the games, Kings get a 5th-round pick in this year's draft.

edit: More than anything, I think the Kings had too many vets assigned to Ontario and Sutter wasn't a fan of Gilbert's. Management must be really, really high on Paul LaDue.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I would guess Iginla costs a conditional pick at this point. How many teams are lining up to get him? If the Kings made the playoffs, if they won a round, if he scored a playoff goal, if, if, if, if. If the Kings got swept, then the Avs get a free pack of 500 sheets of paper. Perforated though. That draft pick might not even be this year, in might be a 2019 pick.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Why are we paying 20% of his salary?

If anybody wanted him at full price, they would have taken him on waivers. Like most teams, Washington wants to conserve as much cap space for other deadline pickups. Gilbert was costing 450K (roughly 32% of his 1.4 mil salary) against the Kings cap when sent down to the AHL. So this opens up a little bit of cap for the Kings as well, along with a possibility of a late pick.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Why are we paying 20% of his salary?

I believe it works out to a smaller cap hit than simply burying him in Ontario. Probably 5th is okay as well. Plus it does Gilbert a solid by getting him onto a contender instead of the minors.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Mike Vogel reporting that, in addition to the Kings covering 20% of Gilbert's salary, if the Caps win at least two playoff rounds with Gilbert playing in at least half of the games, Kings get a 5th-round pick in this year's draft.

edit: More than anything, I think the Kings had too many vets assigned to Ontario and Sutter wasn't a fan of Gilbert's. Management must be really, really high on Paul LaDue.

I agree. They seem almost Voynov-high on LaDue.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I believe it works out to a smaller cap hit than simply burying him in Ontario. Probably 5th is okay as well. Plus it does Gilbert a solid by getting him onto a contender instead of the minors.

Which is not likely, Caps going to the 3rd round and the 7/8 D, depth guy playing in 50 % of the games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad