GDT: Trade Deadline II :: Everyone is mad edition

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
My take on the discussion was:
A) Gallagher could play a Top 6 in Chi.
B) Would definitely get the chance as those stats indicate.
C) Would stick because of his pure determination.

My take on Brendan is he would become more effective with a Toews.

Fair enough

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Anyone else just hear McGuire say Habs were actively pursuing Artem Anisimov for Columbus for Eller plus?

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I obviously wanted a top 6 guy but I'm pleased with bringing in Petry and two reliable bottom 6 guys. I'm still confident versus any team we face.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
Anisimov the new frere Andre.

Except they're not the same type of player :p

Anisimov is pretty good. Would have been a good addition to the team IMO, and he ha size too... But I don't mind not having him either...

When you have a winning team, you shouldn't change too many things. So overall I'm satisfied with Bergevin's work.

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
Did you noticed this year, every new player traded in has taken the number of a recent departure?

Parros 15 PAP
Vanek 20 Malholtra
Murray 6 Allen
Bouillon 55 Gonchar
Gorges 26 Sekac/Petry
Moen 32 Flynn
Gionta 21 DSP
Bourque 17 Tangretty/Mitchell

Is it just a coincidence, a conscious decision or do we just have so few unused/unretired numbers? :laugh:

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
lol the jarome iginla thing even fooled mitch melnik for a sec haha

Did you noticed this year, every new player traded in has taken the number of a recent departure?

Parros 15 PAP
Vanek 20 Malholtra
Murray 6 Allen
Bouillon 55 Gonchar
Gorges 26 Sekac/Petry
Moen 32 Flynn
Gionta 21 DSP

Is it just a coincidence, a conscious decision or do we just have so few unused/unretired numbers? :laugh:

Crazy!

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

Parros 15 PAP
Vanek 20 Malholtra
Murray 6 Allen
Bouillon 55 Gonchar
Gorges 26 Sekac/Petry
Moen 32 Flynn
Gionta 21 DSP

So few numbers, for the most part. Don't forget that there are numbers like 49 and 64 that won't be available to guys like Petry, Mitchell, etc. just because Bournival and Pateryn have been sent down, for example. Then factor in the retired/existing numbers...

Dec 2, 2010
Eller for Anisimov? LOL are you guys serious? The guy can't stay healthy with his head always down and concussions left and right. What's the ****ing point?

Apr 28, 2010
So few numbers, for the most part. Don't forget that there are numbers like 49 and 64 that won't be available to guys like Petry, Mitchell, etc. just because Bournival and Pateryn have been sent down, for example. Then factor in the retired/existing numbers...

Same thing with Bryan Allen. If I got traded to Montreal, I would want that number 6. But I won't get it.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
This was a good day for the Habbies. We pickd up hard workers who have roles that we can always use, especially in playoff hockey. Petry should fit in nicely and Flynn replacing Bournival is an upgrade. Mitchell may put MM on the bench, so let's see how this plays out.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Not fair...
Last year is pure hindsight now.
You weren't pumped when we got TV?
I practically couldn't sleep waiting for the next game... :amazed:

I wasn't really happy because I knew he was a rental and we gave up a prospect and a pick for him. He turned out to be useless in the playoffs.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Too all the people who are pissed Berg didn't get a big time scorer, remind me again who was available? Jagr: slow as molasses., marginal production now. Cole: been there, done that. Whether or not he kicked the tires on an Iginla or not we'll never know. What we do know is the asking prices for marginal pieces was very high.

Berg got a top 4 defender who can move the puck. He got speed, an offensive upgrade for the bottom 6, and a guy in Mitchell with a boat load of playoff experience. He got all that without giving up any of his prime prospects. Fifth rounders, a 7th and Nevins, a 2nd this year and the potential for a 3rd. He clearly wasn't prepared to part with his first, yet.

He's improved the team's ability to move the puck. He's added speed, special teams proficiency, and the types of guys that often contribute timely goals in the playoffs. Remember Dom Moore in 2010? That's what I think they can expect from Flynn and/or Mitchell. At the very least, they've got a rotation of guys in DSP, Flynn, and Mitchell that can be inserted all over the bottom 6 and provide a lot of jam.

They're not 'sexy' trades, but they can be very effective.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Too all the people who are pissed Berg didn't get a big time scorer, remind me again who was available? Jagr: slow as molasses., marginal production now. Cole: been there, done that. Whether or not he kicked the tires on an Iginla or not we'll never know. What we do know is the asking prices for marginal pieces was very high.

Berg got a top 4 defender who can move the puck. He got speed, an offensive upgrade for the bottom 6, and a guy in Mitchell with a boat load of playoff experience. He got all that without giving up any of his prime prospects. Fifth rounders, a 7th and Nevins, a 2nd this year and the potential for a 3rd. He clearly wasn't prepared to part with his first, yet.

He's improved the team's ability to move the puck. He's added speed, special teams proficiency, and the types of guys that often contribute timely goals in the playoffs. Remember Dom Moore in 2010? That's what I think they can expect from Flynn and/or Mitchell. At the very least, they've got a rotation of guys in DSP, Flynn, and Mitchell that can be inserted all over the bottom 6 and provide a lot of jam.

They're not 'sexy' trades, but they can be very effective.

I'm fine with all the moves he made today but out of every move I still believe Sekac has the highest upside of any player moved or acquired.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
My better half: "How many hours are you spending on hockey today? Plus, the radio, the tv and computer are all on at the same time?

Me: It's trade deadline day. It's a once-a-year thing.

Better half: It's trade deadline day? Now you tell me it's the trading deadline. So I can trade you?

Me: No. :laugh:

Better half: Did I miss it?

Me: :laugh:

Better half: Don't worry, there's always a new deadline. :sarcasm:

Tell her to get her own friggin hobby instead of nagging you.

Mynameismark*

I'm not complaining with the moves...I just figured if we kept looking to Buffalo, why not get that big power forward type guy in Stewart...he was had for a second in 2017.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad