GDT: Trade Deadline II :: Everyone is mad edition

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
You mean teams that won't make the playoffs? Probably..

Chicago's top 6
Versteeg Toews Hossa
Sharp Kane Saad

St-louis's top 6
Steen Backes Oshie
Schwartz Lehtera Tarasenko

Gallagher wouldn't crack the top 6

That's still only two teams out of 16 and even those are debatable (I think Gallgher is a better player than Versteeg and Sharp has been awful this season).

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
John Shannon on sportsnet just said Petry doesn't help the habs at all he is soft and they don't need a puck mover. Said they should of got Roman Polak instead. HAHAHAHA what an idiot. It really takes nothing to get a job on tv.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
John Shannon on sportsnet just said Petry doesn't help the habs at all he is soft and they don't need a puck mover. Said they should of got Roman Polak instead. HAHAHAHA what an idiot. It really takes nothing to get a job on tv.

Would of loved to get rid of Gilbert for Petry and add Polak.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
You're kidding yourself and dumping on the Habs for no reason if you think Quenneville wouldn't try Gallagher on his top 6

Not dumping on the Habs at any point and that's a debate whether Quenneville would use Gallagher on his top 6.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I don't understand the deals really. Bergie likes to stack up on bottom line players for some reason. I would have liked to see a grittier presence on the back end. We have enough mobile dmen. Lastly, we can't score goals.. I wish this problem was addressed. Leaves the margin for error too small. I do wish we kept those 2 first round picks from this year and last year to be honest.

Decent depth moves but I don't think it was necessary.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't understand the deals really. Bergie likes to stack up on bottom line players for some reason. I would have liked to see a grittier presence on the back end. We have enough mobile dmen. Lastly, we can't score goals.. I wish this problem was addressed. Leaves the margin for error too small. I do wish we kept those 2 first round picks from this year and last year to be honest.

Decent depth moves but I don't think it was necessary.

Not fair...
Last year is pure hindsight now.
You weren't pumped when we got TV?
I practically couldn't sleep waiting for the next game... :amazed:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Gallagher over Schwartz 10 times out of 10 though.

Schwartz is better than Oshie

Oshie is so glorified ever since his shootout in the olympics, he's a good player sure but people talk about him like he's much more than a 50 to 60 point guy.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

John Shannon literally knows nothing about hockey. He is a tv exec with no hockey background whatsoever.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not dumping on the Habs at any point and that's a debate whether Quenneville would use Gallagher on his top 6.

Q used 23 different line combos against the Blues two games into their series last year.
It was commented on by Romanuk or Miller or whoever covered that series. :amazed:
A resounding thump on your theory I would say.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The only player I think MTL miss the boat on was David Perron, Anyone would had send our 1st + Bournival for him? coz that was the price the Pens paid for their number 1 LW.

this 100%…

MB missed the boat on that one. Wonder if he had any discussion with MacT at the time? if not, mistake on his part.

Perron would have been a great fit, on a very reasonable cap hit, and if things went well, a strong candidate to re-sign at a reasonable extension price (not hard to imagine that a francophone from the area would bend a bit in signing an extension IF he had a positive taste of playing for a winner in Montreal/2 playoff runs in the city).

That one was a miss, would have addressed our top-6 need in a big way without costing the farm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad