GDT: Trade Deadline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
And Alfredsson loved Ottawa, and Streit and Souray loved Montreal and Kovalev would never leave either..... There is a long list and it has happened way too many times to our organization

All true. Even in this case if a UFA Markov does re-sign with us it still means MB was completely reckless. There will be a number of teams all over an unsigned Markov and if we are at $6M for 3 and he gets some crazy Flyers offer like $7M for 4 years for example, we could have a big problem. It would certainly shake my confidence in MB.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Was just going to post this...sure feels that way. Habs always tend to be one of quieter teams..mind you they've made a number of trades just before the deadline over the years.

Most Deadline Day trades by active GMs

Glen Sather: 52
Brian Burke: 29
David Poile: 26
George McPhee: 24
Bryan Murray: 19

Analyzer*

Put out a memo that Markov is somewhat available for a good offer. If you don't get one and you don't sign him by the draft, trade his rights. You could quite possibly get a 2nd for his rights.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
What time do these nhl gm get out of bed ? Noon ? Lol c'mon boys ! Let's go boys let's make some trades!

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Dreger just can't not talk about the Leafs. It's like he tries but he can't help himself.

The others must roll their eyes.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Put out a memo that Markov is somewhat available for a good offer. If you don't get one and you don't sign him by the draft, trade his rights. You could quite possibly get a 2nd for his rights.

I will storm the Bell Centre for Bergevin's head if that's all we end up getting for Markov walking away.

Analyzer*

Dreger just can't not talk about the Leafs. It's like he tries but he can't help himself.

The others must roll their eyes.

He has a great source and that's Nonis.

What's Montreal doing ?

Sweet **** all...

I will storm the Bell Centre for Bergevin's head if that's all we end up getting for Markov walking away.

We use him for the rest of the season and playoffs and get a 2nd for his rights ? Would be a little sad to see him go, but that's not a bad return.

He's not a player that will bring back a 1st...

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
With MadDonald, Robidas etc gone. Dudley will get calls for Markov for sure... he must listen... we could still flip him at the draft for a pick but I want more.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
And Alfredsson loved Ottawa, and Streit and Souray loved Montreal and Kovalev would never leave either..... There is a long list and it has happened way too many times to our organization

Agreed on Alfredsson.
Streit wasn't being signed by the Habs. That was clear. Gainey was holding back from that to keep salary for potentially signing Sundin.
Souray wanted to leave to be closer to his family in the West. Kovalev wanted to re-sign here, management didn't want to.

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Typical deadline.... Habs not listed as buyer or cellar. Sad we won't address our scoring since we literally cannot score.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Typical deadline.... Habs not listed as buyer or cellar. Sad we won't address our scoring since we literally cannot score.

Therrien and Bergevin watched the Olympics and thought they could win like that..

"If we add Mike Weaver from Florida, I think our D is just as good, if not better, than this Olympic team."

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
He has a great source and that's Nonis.

What's Montreal doing ?

Sweet **** all...

We use him for the rest of the season and playoffs and get a 2nd for his rights ? Would be a little sad to see him go, but that's not a bad return.

He's not a player that will bring back a 1st...

Last year Murray costed the Pens 2 2nds. Yesterday the Isles got a 2nd and 3rd for Andrew MacDonald who is playing terrible hockey. I understand when you say we could use him the rest of the year part but if you have no intentions of bringing him back then trade him, I'm sure he could fetch a 1st especially from a contender which would be a late 1st anyways.

Analyzer*

Last year Murray costed the Pens 2 2nds. Yesterday the Isles got a 2nd and 3rd for Andrew MacDonald who is playing terrible hockey. I understand when you say we could use him the rest of the year part but if you have no intentions of bringing him back then trade him, I'm sure he could fetch a 1st especially from a contender which would be a late 1st anyways.

I''m meaning if they can't sign him by the draft.

I think TSN skipped Montreal...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Agreed on Alfredsson.
Streit wasn't being signed by the Habs. That was clear. Gainey was holding back from that to keep salary for potentially signing Sundin.
Souray wanted to leave to be closer to his family in the West. Kovalev wanted to re-sign here, management didn't want to.

Souray wanted to leave and everyone but Montreal knew. They lost him instead of dealing him at the deadline

Kovalev was offered a contract but Gainey didn't have the patience to play his game and offered the money to Gionta instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad