GDT: Trade Deadline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Agreed, sign or trade by today. Sundin loved Toronto.

And Alfredsson loved Ottawa, and Streit and Souray loved Montreal and Kovalev would never leave either..... There is a long list and it has happened way too many times to our organization

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Eh there's about a hundred returns that would be satisfactory for Beaulieu. He's not going to be a top pairing defenseman. It's wouldn't be a McDonagh situation.

He has more upside than McDonagh. Not saying he WILL be better, but he COULD be better.

I don't see a situation where it maikes sense to trade him today, unless they see him as a bad apple, but in his NHL time he's shown nothing of the sort.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
He has more upside than McDonagh. Not saying he WILL be better, but he COULD be better.

I don't see a situation where it maikes sense to trade him today, unless they see him as a bad apple, but in his NHL time he's shown nothing of the sort.

Even if he is a bad apple, you don't trade him yet, you build his value a little more by having him play in the show next year. You don't get nearly the return for an AHL prospect as you would for someone with 40-60 NHL games under their belt.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't think DansLesCoulisses is reliable at all. When have they ever called anything?

Not that i believe eerything they are writing, they called the Briere signing this summer....and that Michel Bergeron was now a TVA employee:laugh:

But they did called a couple of things....they were the one talking about Talbot was being shopped and Habs had an interest. But it's not like 75% of what they are writing is gold, but they did break a couple of infos.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
And Alfredsson loved Ottawa, and Streit and Souray loved Montreal and Kovalev would never leave either..... There is a long list and it has happened way too many times to our organization

Streit and Souray didn't get an offer from Mtl, and they gave Kovalev offer to Gionta...

Apples and oranges.

Markov will re-sign with the habs...

Analyzer*

It's sad but I prefer L'antichambre over those guys. They're just terrible

I prefer the mindless comments made on here. Mainly because we're not paid to be "experts"

McVicker.jpg

Steve Simmons.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Even if he is a bad apple, you don't trade him yet, you build his value a little more by having him play in the show next year. You don't get nearly the return for an AHL prospect as you would for someone with 40-60 NHL games under their belt.

Next year? We will sign another bunch of washed up veterans in the off season and have Tinordi and Beaulieu start in Hamilton again because they don't have the experience to play yet

Analyzer*

And then during the press conference we hear the typical we tried, it takes 2 to tango bla bla bla

Bla bla bla you gotta know where you phone is bla bla bla don't want to bug them while they're talking bla bla bla gotta eat lunch bla bla bla prices too high bla bla bla I like our team the way it is bla bla bla I read hf and want astronomical value for all our players. bla bla bla.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Sportsnet Ticker ‏@SportsnetTicker

Habs have made only 19 trades on Deadline Day, the fewest among any team since 1980.

Was just going to post this...sure feels that way. Habs always tend to be one of quieter teams..mind you they've made a number of trades just before the deadline over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad