GDT: Trade Deadline Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

Get a guy like Stafford, or Stewart, or somehow rip Colorado off for McGinn, then trade Bourque for whatever.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
welcome to my time machine

Vanek Shines in Debut - Buffalo Sabres - News
sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=436883‎
Sep 17, 2005 - September 17, 2005. by Brian Wheeler. The combination of Thomas Vanek and Daniel Briere, that has been so effective in the first week of ...

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
TVA Sports ‏@TVASports 1m
«Possibilité que Halak signe un nouveau contrat avec les @BuffaloSabres», dit @LavoieRenaud #Transactions2014 http://*******/1dhrKH

Just like I thought. Sucks for us if true though

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Oh my time machine

September 17, 2005

by Brian Wheeler

The combination of Thomas Vanek and Daniel Briere, that has been so effective in the first week of training camp, decimated the Washington Capitals in the Sabres' first preseason game. The dynamic duo combined for four points in the Sabres' 3-2 overtime victory with Vanek netting both the game tying and winner.

"i saw washington turned the puck over, danny pick it up and knew exactly what he was thinking," stated vanek. "i just tried to hustle to the back door. It was (briere's) goal, i just held my stick there and it hit it perfectly."

following the game, briere complimented vanek on his offensive ability.

"he knows where to be and he knows how to score," said briere, the team's leading scorer during the 2003-04 season with 65 points (28+37). "he's a game-breaker."

"it's fun for me, having a chance to play with a guy like that."

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Vanek would be ideal

yes he probably wants to go to Minnesota this summer , but im not sure they will offer him a contract with Suter, Parise , Koivu ect . You dont want to much +30 y/o players locked on long term contract imo

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Anyone else find it weird that we are in a better position than Ottawa and they are going to have a battle making it to the playoffs.

They are buying and trying to add pieces while we stand pat as of now.

Im all for not dealing assets and the farm. Just the prices seem very low this year and seems like we could find a piece. We are one of the few teams with decent cap space too.

Just finding it weird that Ottawa is buying and we stay where we are.

ps. I don't want to make a deal just to make a deal.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 57s
Dreger says Tuomo Ruutu on the move out of Carolina.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 1m
Their is a possibility that the Sabres try to sign Jaroslav Halak if they can't trade him. They need a goalie to rebuild. #tvasports

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If I were Bergevin I'd try to get Colin Wilson. He's in similar situation to Eller, might be a good but low target. Kyle Turris type pick where he could really pan out to be a core piece with a different environment.

Sadly, Bergevin seems like the type that trades the Wilsons/Ellers while value is lower rather than try to trade for them.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
TVA Sports ‏@TVASports 1m
«Possibilité que Halak signe un nouveau contrat avec les @BuffaloSabres», dit @LavoieRenaud #Transactions2014 http://*******/1dhrKH

Just like I thought. Sucks for us if true though

Why Jaro has shown he cant be a starting goalie. He has to be in a tandem that allows him to play 45-50 games max.

Avengers*

Marc Bergevin should be fired on the spot for not getting Marty Saint-Louis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad