GDT: Trade Deadline Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabbyGilmore

Best man for the job
Feb 17, 2011
Saint John, NB Canda
Pleks and Vanek is going to be deadly.. I can't wait to see this! Vanek has been one of my favorite players over the past 5 years or so. If he has the right chemistry with someone he is going to score a ton! Finally added some scoring.. much needed!

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yep, seems like one more trade coming:

Pactches - DD - Gally
Galchy - Plek - Vanek
Brière - Eller - Gionta
Bourque - White - Weise
Moen - Prust - Bournival

One player too many....at least

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
...from the Islanders.

I think if the Habs can win a playoff round, he'll love it and want to stay. 6 years 45 mil.

I think that is some hopeful euphoria of the moment but still 6 years at $45M or $7.5M per year is like acquiring him as a UFA for next year if he wanted to come here. The difference is the Habs get him this year.

It gets a bit concerning with Vanek at $7.5M, Subban at $7.5M, Markov at $6M (if MB signs him) ... that $21M is a lot of cap of the available $26M for next year. So, now what I see is a possible change in whether MB keeps Markov or lets him walk.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
If Bourque is somehow traded... this is one of the best day as a hab fan in a long time...

...forget it... it's already a great day...

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
He was and is not overrated. Good offensive player with an incredible shot. But all the rest of his game needs to be fixed. Habs surely thinks it can't be done. We'll see if he does it.

Anyway, right now....I'm ecstatic and stunned! Good job MB. :yo:

:)

I like the trade..as long as the condition isn't a first.

Please don't look at it as the Habs not thinking Collberg will improve his weaknesses, or that they were giving up on him. they just picked up a former top five pick..you have to give up something of value other than a second round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad