GDT: Trade Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm sorry, but I'm not as doom and gloom as some of you. The defense could stand to get better, sure, but this team is just as good or better than the one that won last year.

We'll be living and dying with our offense, and the top-4 will be playing the majority of the minutes anyway.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I am perplexed they didn't at least add a streit type risk reward guy... putting all your eggs in hunwick playing well and hoping for no pile of injuries is kind of dumb... especially when you threw away cole over a grudge match...

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Better figure out how to keep scoring 5+ goals a game and keep the play in the offensive zone for long stretches because this D is gonna get smoked like a bad cigar against the likes of Tampa, Boston, or maybe even Philly...

This is a nightmare you can see coming from a mile away.

And this was THEIR choice. They insisted upon putting Cole in the deal. They decided to do nothing.

They went out and ponied up for Brassard . . .

And then they decided to gamble it all on Hunwick.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
I mean, 6 goals wouldn't have even been enough to beat the Panthers in the last game.....
Incredibly frustrating and extremely puzzling on paper. If they could have off loaded Hunwick in that deal and kept Cole.

Sullivan better have a damn good reason for not liking Cole as a person, like slept with his wife kinda reason.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Biggest need: Depth dman.

What they got: Jooris...a 4/5C after painstaking lengths to obtain Brassard to push Sheahan to 4C and to push Rowney out of the lineup.

Puzzling.

Morrow for a 5th. Reilly for a 4th. No Green moved. No Connuation moved. No Schenn moved.

Absolutely puzzling.

Good news:

ZAR-Sid-Sheary
Hags-Geno-Horny
Jake-Brassard-Kessel
Simon-Sheahan-Rust

No one has that kind of depth. Argue Tampa all you want. I'm going with this.

Reactions: madinsomniac

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
If you're Detroit, how can you not move Green? How is that not done at all costs?

NHL gms are, as a collective, easily the most obtuse in pro sports... as proof they pretty much run the league and look how screwed up they have made it...

Im sure most knuckleheads would rather keep a guy and lose him for nothing than get ripped for taking a lesser deal for him... Detroit can claim they thought they could make the playoffs... getting anything less than value for him would help the team but hurt the gms rep

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
We've been underdogs the past two years, last year we didn't even have a number 1 D. Let's hope Letang becomes Good Letang for 3o minutes a night...

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Would have been nice to upgrade Hunwick, but I am happy with this team right now overall. Toronto, Boston and Tampa are going to beat each other up. Only one can make it to the Conference Finals.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Tampa should have beat us in the ECF 2 years ago if they weren’t injured. Now they’re that much better and even more so after the deadline.

Probably gonna watch Kuch take the Ross, Ovie take the Rocket, and the Pens make a 2nd round exit.

Ya...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The last two cup finals I kept hearing how the Pens had a nice run, but NOW they faced a defense to end all defenses.

Burns!!!!

Subban!!!

And the Pens skated circles around them for the most part.

Well, NOW they may be facing a defense to end all defenses.

Except not in the way you think . . . because it's their own.

Reactions: BoysofWinter66871

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
This is a nightmare you can see coming from a mile away.

And this was THEIR choice. They insisted upon putting Cole in the deal. They decided to do nothing.

They went out and ponied up for Brassard . . .

And then they decided to gamble it all on Hunwick.
JR backed his coach over a pending UFA in their clash. I can't say I blame him on that but I can think of severse better solutions to the problem then what we got.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's really odd to think we didn't add a depth defenseman.

I'm waiting. It will be dark and I will still be waiting.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Our d isn't even close to as bad as last year. Need I remind you we had Ron Hainsey eating big minutes in the playoffs, and Chad Ruhwedel often playing.

Letang with half a brain eating 20-25 mins a night still makes our d easily better than last year's.

Reactions: Riptide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad