GDT: Trade Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Bringing this in from last thread:

Hunwick, I think, lacks the speed to play the way he does. He wants to play deep but his recover speed just isn't there to compensate for his aggressive positioning. Aggressive is a a kind word for poor. Olek is not probably the guy to remain way back to cover mistakes and also doesn't have the speed to cover. They really could use bottom LD/RD that would be defensively strong and either have speed(not so likely) or stay at home to cover.
Hunwick's speed is fine. It's his positioning and lack of hockey IQ that f***s him over.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hunwick's speed and passing ability is definitely why JR looked at him. His biggest problem, IMO, is urgency and strength on the puck. I have never seen a guy get beat in a 1 on 1 battle more than Hunwick as a defender. He's the equivalent to Sutter when it comes to board battles. He just gets worked. And then he's too weak on the puck in a 50/50 puck play.

You can't hit all home runs. I understand why JR looked at Hunwick.

Reactions: KIRK and BHD

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Hopefully today is interesting. Love that I can watch TSN Tradecentre here in the U.S. on the WatchEspn app this year.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Do you guys think its realistic at all that we get him back?
if the gm really wanted him they would have included want we would be willing to trade for him now ,instead of him in the first trade.....hope I said this right, because it's too early for me. and in my state it makes sense. :)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We all made it, very excited even though I'm half asleep. Glad to be here though.:nod:

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
He will. Probably a player similar to Cole, if not Cole himself.
I just don't think it's Cole. Could be dead wrong. Cole is really a rental at that point and any value perceived or otherwise goes right out the window. I think I saw somewhere Winnipeg is possibly on him?

Greaves

Jul 27, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Part of me or maybe all of me wants Karlsson but he’s a RH shot, just like Tanger. So for the assets you’d have to give up, Letang and his $7.25M cap hit would be on the second pairing. Even if we had the assets, that’s a lot of cap space to sit on the second pairing. So like if you offered Maatta Hunwick (combined $6.5M cap space) & some high picks, we’d be depleted on LHD. Someone help me out & find a way to squeeze in Karlsson without having to gut the other side of the defence!

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I think we should definetly look at adding another defenseman and a 4th line forward who can center our PK. It's not like we absolutely have to do something, but I would be okay with overpaying a bit for that.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Part of me or maybe all of me wants Karlsson but he’s a RH shot, just like Tanger. So for the assets you’d have to give up, Letang and his $7.25M cap hit would be on the second pairing. Even if we had the assets, that’s a lot of cap space to sit on the second pairing. So like if you offered Maatta Hunwick (combined $6.5M cap space) & some high picks, we’d be depleted on LHD. Someone help me out & find a way to squeeze in Karlsson without having to gut the other side of the defence!
JR makes a ten team trade and get all ten teams to take 10% of his salary is about it. lol

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good thing for the Pens... if teams are held up on the big name, the Pens can swoop in for the little names they need. Well.. hopefully. If Tampa/Jets/etc. are all busy with EK and other big names, let's see how that plays out. Pittsburgh could be perfect for like a Pouliot or dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad