Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
With Bergeron down ... Leafs are looking like legitimate threats in East.

Not really.

Montreal and Bruins still have much more depths than us. Not to mention experience. We are using this playoffs as a stepping stone to get our feet wet while these guys are already accomplished playoff warriors, one being a cup champ

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tyson Fedor ‏@RealTSN_TFedor 1m Ovechkin headed to Buffalo I looking close... Montreal supposedly in on this as well. Ovi for Miller , Stafford and a 2nd... Details

.... guys

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Just wait, Nonis got fired from VAN. because of his inability to both make the playoffs (missed 2/3yrs) and make the moves to make the team better. He did a couple things and thats that helped and thats it.

This is Burkies team, Nonis has no balls.

Oh, I didn't realize the GM's job was to show how big his balls are. :facepalm:

I have a feeling I'll be :facepalm:ing a lot today.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm glad we didn't get a replacement for Reimer, and I would've been happy with Khabibulin or Kipprusoff as a mentor role. I think Reimer has earned the right to be our starter and see how he fares in the playoffs. If he is bad, we can revisit the Luongo deal and will likely be quite cheap. Lu is still a great #1, and I don't give a rats ass about cap problems in 2018 when we need another G and Lu is old as *****.

By then hopfully our cap isn't bloated with failed FA signings. I think Nonis is showing he is what this organization has needed for a long time. A patient and intelligent GM. Not afraid to hold on to our future when we are still a bubble playoff team. You don't build your team at the Trade Deadline.

I put this in the goalie thread, but since there is at least 2 trade related threads, I'll quote my point and bring it here.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Gord Miller ‏@GMillerTSN 20s

Min/Buf trade: Sabres send Jason Pominville and a 4th in '14 to the Wild for Johan Larsson, Matt Hackett a 1st in '13 and a 2nd in '14.

Wow, nice deal for Buffalo. Pominville helps them now so good for them too.

DaveT83*

Not really.

Montreal and Bruins still have much more depths than us. Not to mention experience. We are using this playoffs as a stepping stone to get our feet wet while these guys are already accomplished playoff warriors, one being a cup champ

Boston have been playing awful. Can't score goals. Rask has been mediocre - and now their most important player could be out for an extended period ...

Pitts
MTL
Toronto
Boston

And MTL really doesn't scare anyone.

Additionally I nver thought the day would come that I would be more optimistic than Leaf Rocket!!!!

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Buffalo does a pretty good job getting teams to overpay for his players. Did the same last year with Gaustad. I still can't believe he was traded for a 1st round pick.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 24s
Asked Darcy Regier if he traded Ryan Miller, ``No. We're done,'' he responded via text

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Tyson Fedor ‏@RealTSN_TFedor 1m Ovechkin headed to Buffalo I looking close... Montreal supposedly in on this as well. Ovi for Miller , Stafford and a 2nd... Details

.... guys

was just on washingtons board and there thinking delay is from kuznestov (sp?)

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 42s
There you go... RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun Asked Darcy Regier if he traded Ryan Miller, ``No. We're done,'' he responded via text

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad