GDT: Trade Deadline Day - Mod warning post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Barrie to VAN for Stecther, Woo, Baertecthi (spelling?), 2021 1st

Timo for a 5th

Another Marlies move or two

As a betting man this is what I'm going with but hoping we hit the over on the returns.
For what it means, Canucks fans don't want to lose Stetcher.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
kb3iOCI.png

PeayATa.png

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Barrie for Stecher + Juolevi/Woo
Timashov gets nabbed off waivers
Bracco goes for not much
Maybe somebody wants Aberg or Petan but I doubt it

Reactions: Kurtz

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Barrie, Bracco, Aberg, and a 7th to Vegas for Holden, Morozov, Xavier Bouchard, 2020 2nd, and a 2021 3rd that becomes a 1st if they sign Barrie or win the cup, or a 2nd if they make the 3rd round.

i was about to say Vegas laughs and hangs up the phone but I re read it and saw the 7th in there

Reactions: Grub

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Barrie for Stecher + Juolevi/Woo
Timashov gets nabbed off waivers
Bracco goes for not much
Maybe somebody wants Aberg or Petan but I doubt it
I'd prefer Dipietro to Juolevi. If foot speed is an issue, and he's already injury prone.....yikes.

Reactions: stickty111

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
For what it means, Canucks fans don't want to lose Stetcher.
Thats a good sign in the very least, in an ideal world though I'd rather not have a collection of bottom 6 RD. I'm a huge believer in TL's ability to step in next season full time and don't want to block him if were going to be adding a partner for Rielly as well.

Reactions: stickty111

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I wonder if Carolina are worried about the leafs falling into a top 10 pick so are hesitant to move their own pick this year

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Thats a good sign in the very least, in an ideal world though I'd rather not have a collection of bottom 6 RD. I'm a huge believer in TL's ability to step in next season full time and don't want to block him if were going to be adding a partner for Rielly as well.
Yeah Stetcher isn't a game changer but a good addition that gives you minutes.
Dreger did say Leafs might just give Sandin and Lilly extra responsibility this season. I am good with that.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
From the big roster I hope Barrie is moved and they can get something back for Clifford.

I think you talk to Spezza too and see what his thoughts are. I know he's expressed only wanted to win a cup in Toronto but they could talk about re-signing him in the offseason.

From the AHL recouping something for Bracco would be nice.

Outside of that it would be a biggest, less likely deal that would probably happen in the off-season involving Kerfoot, Kapanen, and/or Dermott.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Cernak, McDonagh, Rutta... all D out with injuries for Tampa... They needed D

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
Yeah Stetcher isn't a game changer but a good addition that gives you minutes.
Dreger did say Leafs might just give Sandin and Lilly extra responsibility this season. I am good with that.
Sounds great with me, gives a little hint to not expect a bigger RHD acquisition as well. Would much rather wait for prices to cool down in the offseason.
Is there coverage on TSN right now? I might have to flip on the TV.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Sounds great with me, gives a little hint to not expect a bigger RHD acquisition as well. Would much rather wait for prices to cool down in the offseason.
Is there coverage on TSN right now? I might have to flip on the TV.
Not that I know of.
I have work tomorrow so will miss the deadline. I will PVR the entire thing and not look on this board or twitter, as I want to be surprised:laugh:

Reactions: filthyMitz

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
i was about to say Vegas laughs and hangs up the phone but I re read it and saw the 7th in there

Take out Holden then. He was basically a guy as filler, maybe I underestimate him IDK. Then it's basically the Scandella return, with a couple solid prospects(because Barrie's better) and a resign clause on their side, and and Aberg as contract filler and Bracco on our side. The 7th is just because we have so many of them, I know some teams prefer downgrading on a pick(2nd to 7th) instead of trading it altogether so they can still pick someone and fill the prospect pool.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I'd target Tanev in the off-season. Or trade Barrie and Bracco for Tanev and Virtanen right now. Get to work early on resigning Tanev. I think he'd be a perfect match for Rielly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad