GDT: Trade Deadline Day - Mod warning post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Leafs traded rights to dziengels and retained some cap in the Vegas Chicago Lehner deal to get a 5th round pick.

Reactions: Muscedep

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hey I didn't I mean here. I probably won't be watching as much until the PO. I was away from here for 3mths and most games I caught were poor efforts. It's not my fault that I called out Dubas and his strategy early. It's not my fault I had the guts to say it publicly with a few others and we got a lot of flak for that, trolled proper really. When you're on the right side of history, you're on the right side of history. If I thought Dubas' work was leading us the other way I would have said so and I did actually say so. He did some moves to start that I thought would work but it went south real quick.

Point... It's not about hate for players or a person. It's all been about winning and responding here publicly my concerns about this teams direction. I do so at my leisure for fun, look at my avatar. I throw in some comedic relief obviously. I felt the hostility for my opinions and tbh, it was rather interesting, curious and strange all at the same time.

Hey man, I've been saying for probably three years... we need to fix the RHD... We've thrown bandaids at it... hoping Zaitsev would work, hoping Ceci, Barrie.... I've suggested we've tried to stick square pegs, into round holes. I've hoped for a Tanev, or a Manson, or a Parayko, or even a Weegar (The names aren't important, just what they bring to the table)... just a guy who can play on the top pairing, with Reilly, to stabilize our D, and push everyone else down. Weird how his best partner has been Hainsey of all guys.

We've not wanted to move one of our young guys to get it done so far.. hoping we can have an elite forward group, and just ok D... and well, we all know it didn't work, and most of us didn't think it would.

But, Dubas is also right, that these kids just aren't ready to compete fully anyway. They need to go through some adversity, and learn what it takes to win. I don't care what players you put on D, a couple of additions, or subtractions, that effort against he Canes would have resulted in a loss. If nothing else, we have a talented offensive core... and they got what... 8 or 9 shots on the Zamboni driver in 30 minutes? Against a team that is missing Pesce and Hamilton? That was just pathetic, and it comes down to these players not having what it takes mentally... maybe they never will, maybe they need to learn it.

He's brought on Grit... Clifford, Muzzin, he's brought on talent, UFA signings Tavares, Spezza... the russians, he brought in a backup on a decent deal... But the team just isn't mentally tough yet, and yes, needs that top pairing RHD.... They need to play tougher... and not just fight, and hit... but playing through adversity....

My criticisms would be... he's overpaid Marner a bit, and didn't get enough term from Matthews.

We need a few offseason changes, whether we make some noise the rest of the way, or not.... If he can't get it done this offseason... well, I'll lead the lynch mob, but I still think this group needs patience.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
The team will have more than 4.5 in capspace.....
Don’t you love how all the expert capologists on this board predicted we couldn’t keep all of our stars and Kappy and Johnsson, and now are predicting issues for next year?
Anyways, I believe both Horton and Clarkson are off the books, the remaining long term hit being a million plus for Kessel for a couple years.
And really, no bad contracts.
Anyways, would have liked to trade Barrie, but I guess no one bit with a serious offer.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
If the Leafs miss the playoffs, they better get passed by a few teams so Carolina gets next year's first instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad