Pre-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day is here! - All trade discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
We know Nill likes his draft picks, but I'd think we are considering giving up our 1st for top 6 player.

1st + Robertson ?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Any team with two potential trade targets will be more likely to squeeze more value out of two separate trades than one. Sort of like corporations being more valuable when split up into parts. If each trade target garnered three assets, what team could give up six, especially if one or both were pure rentals?

I guess time will tell in about a week. Given some teams are trying to resign their own players, and will do so right up to the TDL, I doubt a lot will get done, at least on the big targets until that day or the night before. What a scramble. Nill and other GM's probably talk in advance, to have some idea what it would take, but still, if they wait to see if offer 1 is taken, have to hold off on trade option 2 until they know, etc.

Not sure if the Panarin talk is serious, or PR. My guess is more PR. Doubt Nill can pull that big a trigger, but again, think TG wants him to. In all the trade proposals, haven't seen Point or Otter, but figure if CBJ is losing Bobs, they might want a goalie back, no? I don't know their farm system well. 1st, Otter and Robertson might make them think they are getting one for one replacements at their key positions, plus a bonus first. (Hopefully, top 3 protected in case we miss the PO)

My second guess is Nill gets Nyquist a bit earlier, using his Detroit connections.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Would be nice to see CBJ go on a losing skid. Make Jarmo think twice about keeping Panarin going into the playoffs

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I am all in on this year, who cares about the future

this team has spent too much time lollygagging and trying to put pieces away for the future, time is ticking on TS91 and JB14 to get it done in the playoffs.
Why not. Mortgage the next decade for a playoff run with Panarin, Duchene, and Nyquist.
I’m here for it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Why not. Mortgage the next decade for a playoff run with Panarin, Duchene, and Nyquist.
I’m here for it.
i dont think it would have disastrous results to the future of the Stars anyway- if we traded Faksa, Shore, Nichushkin, Honka, etc in 2014 --- does it really impact the 2016, 2017, 2018 Stars that much? The future is overrated when your window is open.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
What do you guys think about potentially trading Jason Robertson in a deal? I mean with Dellandrea and probably Hintz off the table...its almost a sure thing that if we trade a prospect it'll be Robertson or Gurianov as a main piece.

Personally I'm very mixed about it. His skating is definitely improving but im not sure it'll improve enough to be at this level. On the other hand though his decision making and offensive IQ is off the charts and by far the best of any of our prospects, and players that can make good decisions quickly don't exactly need to rely on their skating all the time to create chances.

I know we all know about his goalscoring ability, but I'd argue he's an even better playmaker. So much Mark Stone combined with Jamie Benn in his game..

But with all of that being said, we don't know how he will be once he hits the AHL or NHL level.
I wouldn’t move Robertson. Dallas needs goal scorers. He’s proven he can do that. I don’t want him going anywhere. I’d rather trade Dellandrea.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
i dont think it would have disastrous results to the future of the Stars anyway- if we traded Faksa, Shore, Nichushkin, Honka, etc in 2014 --- does it really impact the 2016, 2017, 2018 Stars that much? The future is overrated when your window is open.
Yeah, mostly magic beans will just grow weeds. It’s not common to give up an Iginla.
I’m really ok if they go all in. I’d rather ride an up and down roller coaster than steady mediocrity. (Aka the Cowboys)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I’m here for it.
Why not?

What’s the future? A broken down Benn putting up fifty points a season? A slower Radulov whose production drops way off? A broken down Bishop missing half the season with injury? Go for it now. You never know. It’s not like any of the draft picks traded will be top ten, and we know this team’s prospects top out in the good but not special range.

Reactions: eartotheground

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Why not?

What’s the future? A broken down Benn putting up fifty points a season? A slower Radulov whose production drops way off? A broken down Bishop missing half the season with injury? Go for it now. You never know. It’s not like any of the draft picks traded will be top ten, and we know this team’s prospects top out in the good but not special range.

Not to derail the topic, but is present Benn going to even hit 50 this year lol

Hopefully he goes on a run here

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Why not?

Yep. Wasn’t being sarcastic. With the Seguin and Benn contracts in place, you gotta strike now. Especially considering Benn has that NMC.
Rads will surely slow, Bishop will continue to be hurt. Go balls to the wall now while they all have a fairly full tank. If you win, party, if you don’t, well, you know exactly what you’ve got and can build from the lottery soon.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Would be hilarious to find out they're sitting Bishop still because CBJ wants him.

Bobrovsky + Panarin

For

Bishop + package I dont care about (minus Hintz)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
From Shapiro's mailbag:

"The organization is pretty confident that Ty Dellandrea is going to be a big part of their future. He’s pretty close to untouchable."

Just for anyone who would rather trade him..I get it, but it's just not happening

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Nill's affinity for bottom 6 players with characters will of course be the reason we don't make any significant moves and continue to be garbage for the rest of his tenure.
Worst part is he gets attached to these draft picks and he should know by now his scouts are terrible

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
From Shapiro's mailbag:

"The organization is pretty confident that Ty Dellandrea is going to be a big part of their future. He’s pretty close to untouchable."

Just for anyone who would rather trade him..I get it, but it's just not happening
They feel that way about every draft pick, until they somehow ruin them in the development process .

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I actually really agree with this.

Going “all in” now IMHO is not only the best way to potentially win now (of course), but also to move towards a full rebuild in the near future if it doesn’t work out. Otherwise, the Stars are left in this murky, middle-ground (some call it “mediocrity”) of having some good players and some so-so prospects, but nothing that culminates into something truly great.

Go for it now and give up anyone not named Heiskanen. If it works, hooray! If it fails badly, then The Stars potentially have the rebuild I’ve wanted to 2+ years now (and some have wanted for even longer).

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I actually really agree with this.

Going “all in” now IMHO is not only the best way to potentially win now (of course), but also to move towards a full rebuild in the near future if it doesn’t work out. Otherwise, the Stars are left in this murky, middle-ground (some call it “mediocrity”) of having some good players and some so-so prospects, but nothing that culminates into something truly great.

Go for it now and give up anyone not named Heiskanen. If it works, hooray! If it fails badly, then The Stars potentially have the rebuild I’ve wanted to 2+ years now (and some have wanted for even longer).
You’re not going to see this core rebuild. This team needs to keep trying to contend. The reason why we’re stuck in a bubble is because Jim Nill is way too passive in the trade market during the season.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
How many big trades really occur mid season, i.e., not TDL? There have been about 30 since the Stars traded for Fedun on Nov. 10, 2 by Stars. Their 4 total out of 40 is about the busiest any team has been. No big names, but then, there really haven't been many major trades of big name players. Haven't gone back too many years, but I can't recall any.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
You’re not going to see this core rebuild. This team needs to keep trying to contend. The reason why we’re stuck in a bubble is because Jim Nill is way too passive in the trade market during the season.

Just like his predecessor, unfortunately.

Reactions: Troy McClure
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad