Pre-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day is here! - All trade discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I just want Duchene

Seems like pure speculation/his idea only and most likely nothing at all, but Scott Burnside suggested Brassard to the Stars for like a 3rd round pick or something but also said this this morning:

"although one source close to the team wondered if addressing the team’s center issues might be an offseason task given that GM Jim Nill was silent at the trade deadline a year ago, but it is doubtful he will do the same this year."

It doesn't really mean anything but yeah. Nill may be confident in Spezza picking up his play if he has scoring wingers, and then go out and bring in someone like Duchene in the offseason

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'd be happy with 1 of the following names ( would be extremely happy with 2 of the following)
Duchene
Stone
Panarin
Zucc
Hoffman
Dzingle

I'd be ok with
Hayes
Johanssen
Silfverberg
Nyquist

Extremely Disappointed with
Brassard
Any Defenseman not named Fowler/Lindholm

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd take Brassard as the second forward we acquire if we can't get two of the other names. Brassard is better than anything we have at center besides Seguin.

Hintz-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Brassard-Zuccarello

I don't think we will acquire two of the big names. Ideally, Hayes comes with Zucc, but I don't see Nill paying that much, I would also throw Johansson in the mix of guys I would be happy with. I think him and Seguin could work together and then you could let Hintz center the second line with Benn and Zucc (or swap Benn/Johnasson and put the big 3 back together). Once again it depends on what NJD wants and if Nill is willing to pay it after acquiring one of the bigger names.

There are so many different scenarios that could work, let's just hope Nill can make at least one of them happen.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'd take Brassard as the second forward we acquire if we can't get two of the other names. Brassard is better than anything we have at center besides Seguin.

Hintz-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Brassard-Zuccarello

I don't think we will acquire two of the big names. Ideally, Hayes comes with Zucc, but I don't see Nill paying that much, I would also throw Johansson in the mix of guys I would be happy with. I think him and Seguin could work together and then you could let Hintz center the second line with Benn and Zucc (or swap Benn/Johnasson and put the big 3 back together). Once again it depends on what NJD wants and if Nill is willing to pay it after acquiring one of the bigger names.

There are so many different scenarios that could work, let's just hope Nill can make at least one of them happen.

I could see that happening. Get Zucc and then get Brassard for a 3rd right before the deadline

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I'd just one stop shop and see if we could get Brassard and Hoffman from the Panthers. I don't want any part of this Panarin rental nonsense.

Quite honestly, with our inability to hold on to the puck, we should be down near the dregs of the NHL. Not this competing for a playoff spot.

Get this team another top 4 defenseman and a good 5v5 and PP winger, and we'll look a whooole lot better I think...

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Keep banging
8450973-3d-man-playing-a-big-drum-isolated-on-white.jpg

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Rangers fan just passing through. Worth noting that if you guys landed Brassard and Zucc you'd have the benefit of two guys who have proven chemistry. They're excellent together on the ice -- especially if you can add a big-bodied winger to dig pucks out of corners to the LW of that line. They're also great friends off the ice and I'd have to think that'd definitely increase the odds of them re-upping in Dallas.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I'd be happy with 1 of the following names ( would be extremely happy with 2 of the following)
Duchene
Stone
Panarin
Zucc
Hoffman
Dzingle

I'd be ok with
Hayes
Johanssen
Silfverberg
Nyquist

Extremely Disappointed with
Brassard
Any Defenseman not named Fowler/Lindholm
I like your list but would remove Dzingle. I think he is overrated and will be overpaid by some team.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
If we get Brassard I’m going to cry

If Brass was our only trade, i'd be right beside you listening to Timberlakes cry me a river

but, lets say Nill traded for Zucc, and then traded for Brassard for cheap, would that really be that bad?

Hintz - Seggy - Rads
Benn - Brass - Zucc
Cogs - Faksa - Pits
Janmark - Dick - Spezza

forgot about Comeau, but you get the idea

and yes i'd rather Duchene, but I don't see us getting one of the bigger named players

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Id go all in for duchene.

I think if we get him we could definitely win at least 1 round in the playoffs. Maybe more. And that would really incentivise bim to re-up.

Im not great at guessing prices but something like

1st round pick
Hintz
Nichushkin maybe for salary
One of the top 3 prospects

Id pay that for duchene and go all in

Janmark-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Duchene-Gurianov
Dickinson- Faksa-Comeau
Cogliano-Spezza- xx

Reactions: Multigrain

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Id go all in for duchene.

I think if we get him we could definitely win at least 1 round in the playoffs. Maybe more. And that would really incentivise bim to re-up.

Im not great at guessing prices but something like

1st round pick
Hintz
Nichushkin maybe for salary
One of the top 3 prospects

Id pay that for duchene and go all in

Janmark-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Duchene-Gurianov
Dickinson- Faksa-Comeau
Cogliano-Spezza- xx

Doubt Hintz is moved for a rental unless there’s a contract in place.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
If Brass was our only trade, i'd be right beside you listening to Timberlakes cry me a river

but, lets say Nill traded for Zucc, and then traded for Brassard for cheap, would that really be that bad?

Hintz - Seggy - Rads
Benn - Brass - Zucc
Cogs - Faksa - Pits
Janmark - Dick - Spezza

forgot about Comeau, but you get the idea

and yes i'd rather Duchene, but I don't see us getting one of the bigger named players

I’m with you 210%.

I’m good with Brassard if we get another top 6 winger especially if a 3rd rounder is all it’s gonna take

Reactions: Multigrain

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What do you guys think about potentially trading Jason Robertson in a deal? I mean with Dellandrea and probably Hintz off the table...its almost a sure thing that if we trade a prospect it'll be Robertson or Gurianov as a main piece.

Personally I'm very mixed about it. His skating is definitely improving but im not sure it'll improve enough to be at this level. On the other hand though his decision making and offensive IQ is off the charts and by far the best of any of our prospects, and players that can make good decisions quickly don't exactly need to rely on their skating all the time to create chances.

I know we all know about his goalscoring ability, but I'd argue he's an even better playmaker. So much Mark Stone combined with Jamie Benn in his game..

But with all of that being said, we don't know how he will be once he hits the AHL or NHL level.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
What do you guys think about potentially trading Jason Robertson in a deal? I mean with Dellandrea and probably Hintz off the table...its almost a sure thing that if we trade a prospect it'll be Robertson or Gurianov as a main piece.

Personally I'm very mixed about it. His skating is definitely improving but im not sure it'll improve enough to be at this level. On the other hand though his decision making and offensive IQ is off the charts and by far the best of any of our prospects, and players that can make good decisions quickly don't exactly need to rely on their skating all the time to create chances.

I know we all know about his goalscoring ability, but I'd argue he's an even better playmaker. So much Mark Stone combined with Jamie Benn in his game..

But with all of that being said, we don't know how he will be once he hits the AHL or NHL level.
I'd rather give up Gury.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

I'd move both before Robertson, but they don't have the value

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'd move both before Robertson, but they don't have the value

Nill values them more though it sounds like

Robertson is the better prospect but him being a winger and his skating being a concern is probably what makes them more open to moving him.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nill values them more though it sounds like

Robertson is the better prospect but him being a winger and his skating being a concern is probably what makes them more open to moving him.

Production at any level speaks volumes when it comes to value.

hagan88

May 19, 2014
Dallas, Texas
What does 2nd+Faksa get us (I know some still want to keep him) but if we can get a quality winger and worry about 2C in the offseason we don’t have to lose too many assets. This assuming we are comfortable with Hintz/Spezza/Dickinson for a playoff push.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

If we can get a guy with term I’m in for it. For a rental I don’t really want to move any of Gurianov, Hintz, Dellandra, or Robertson. That might make us miss out on a guy like Duchene, but he’s not going to make us a cup contender. I still think a 1st, Janmark, and a decent prospect could land us one of the bigger targets. Save our best assets as we will need them later when we have lots of high cap contracts.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
What does 2nd+Faksa get us (I know some still want to keep him) but if we can get a quality winger and worry about 2C in the offseason we don’t have to lose too many assets. This assuming we are comfortable with Hintz/Spezza/Dickinson for a playoff push.

Half a steak dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad