GDT: Trade Deadline 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Suzuki is interesting, since he's been back from his shoulder injury and being loaned to Springfield, he's been producing better.

He's a bloke that needs development and he wasn't getting much of that in Chicago, I wouldn't mind Dubas sniping him as a change of scenery type while moving one of POJ or T.Smith to them.

Of course I mean as a third asset in a Guentzel deal.

8pts in his last 10 games, 4+4, he had 9 on his previous 23 games. He's coming on since he's started to regain his conditioning in game.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I honestly think Yohe and Rossi are more on JR's side than Dubas' side.
Yohe, in particular, waxes poetic about Rutherford on a regular basis. I think they got hooked on the fact that Rutherford would talk to them on a regular basis, which is not the norm in any pro sports league. Hextall was the complete opposite, and while Dubas isn't as buttoned up, the locals don't have a connection with him like the national reporters do.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
I'd rather trade every forward outside of Crosby and Malkin for nothing and re-sign Guentzel than trade him for a mediocre return.

Guentzel's irreplaceable. The rest are not.
Agreed. He is a transitional player for the organization moving forward. I think the Pens sign him.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah actually this is exactly what I was thinking, the scouting report really painted him as a righty RW Guentzel. The big talking point with him was his hockey IQ and finding weak spots. I think it is extremely easy to see a scenario where he progresses into a righty RW Guentzel type of player with what he offers, it's just is this team going to get him to that level?

I think I'd be extremely happy with him as a secondary asset in a Guentzel trade, I just hope he's not the primary one.
Secondary asset yeah I'd be fine too really. It's a low risk move.

I think even Dubas with his pivot realized this team under this coach is better off with nhl ready blokes. Which is why I think players under 25 on the Canes roster would be of interest. Even more so given their cap.

I don't see them being able to keep Jarvis, Necas, and Svechnikov with the cap they'll need to throw at the first two, then they have Svechnikov who is cap controlled with his contract at a good hit but is he as valuable as Necas and Jarvis right now to them if they add Jake in place of Svechnikov? I think Jake is a better fit with those players than Svechnikov is.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It is still just 9:30pm. JR just had his 3rd serving of Gelato from Bella Gelateria, he needs 30mins to change into stretchy slacks before he gives Allvin his marching orders to acquire Jake.
JR has long since gone to bed. He had his 5pm PF Chang's and he was out by 8pm at the latest.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Curious if Wads sacrifices Svechnikov to keep Necas and Jarvis or gives up one of the latter two for Jake and ends up extending Jake because of it.

I'm fine with either 3 really. Been a big fan of Necas since his draft year, Jarvis is also great, Svechnikov would be an incredible winger add especially with Geno. Svechnikov is also just 23 and has a lot of bite to his game.
This is obviously a joke right? You think Pitt is getting one of necas jarvis or svechnikov for Guentzel?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yohe, in particular, waxes poetic about Rutherford on a regular basis. I think they got hooked on the fact that Rutherford would talk to them on a regular basis, which is not the norm in any pro sports league. Hextall was the complete opposite, and while Dubas isn't as buttoned up, the locals don't have a connection with him like the national reporters do.
JR is a bloke that loves the media, Dubas is available but otherwise won't go out of his way like JR used to and Hextall was always reserved and quiet and they piled on a bunch of dumb f*** fan fic on the bloke in their idiotic article.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If I'm Carolina I'm getting Guentzel with almost no regard for the futures I have to give up. They have failed 4 straight seasons because they can't score and the best playoff goal scorer to hit the market in over a decade is available, a guy who you can plug in anywhere and guarantee success because he's high IQ high compete.

Man sucks losing that guy...

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
JR is a bloke that loves the media, Dubas is available but otherwise won't go out of his way like JR used to and Hextall was always reserved and quiet and they piled on a bunch of dumb f*** fan fic on the bloke in their idiotic article.
There were quite a few reports out of Philly that Hextall was obsessed with preventing leaks. He hated doing anything with the media, even before he got ripped here in Pittsburgh. He seemed to be constantly paranoid.

I think JR is just one of those guys who loves to talk and loves to be in the know. He's a gossip.

Dubas seems like a guy who won't say much until he's done with something, but then he'll talk all day about his process Ns vision.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
You're in the Pens thread. Not Canes one. I don't give a shit about your take.
Lmao you’re in for a massive shock if you think one of those 3 are going to Pitt that’s delusional talk and any smart Pens fan would know Pitt ain’t getting any of those guys

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There were quite a few reports out of Philly that Hextall was obsessed with preventing leaks. He hated doing anything with the media, even before he got ripped here in Pittsburgh. He seemed to be constantly paranoid.

I think JR is just one of those guys who loves to talk and loves to be in the know. He's a gossip.

Dubas seems like a guy who won't say much until he's done with something, but then he'll talk all day about his process Ns vision.
Not paranoid, just a reserved bloke. Confusing him with the fired up player he was is a mistake. Blokes change. Botterill to as a grinder/enforcer and meeting him in Seattle, he's a soft spoken bloke.

I don't think he was paranoid. I think the Flyers bs maybe made him want to share with the media from less to nothing and given the dipshits we have in Pens media, I don't fault him for not wanting to talk to the popular Pens writers. If I was a Pens GM I'd tell them to f*** off, personally.

Lmao you’re in for a massive shock if you think one of those 3 are going to Pitt that’s delusional talk and any smart Pens fan would know Pitt ain’t getting any of those guys
We're getting all your best players and laugh while doing it. Dubas will also force them to change their names to Carolina Thunder Shits.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Or he just made all that up for clicks.

I heard that Jake will be traded. Or won't.

But it will definately be by Friday.

You can quote me on that.
Yohe - There's talks Jake will be traded and assets will be involved. Possibly another NHL team as well. You heard it here first.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
And your opinion, or mine, counts for exactly nothing in this.

Again, I don't have huge expectations. If the trade happens I expect to be whelmed.

Meaning that I expect you to be very pissed with the return. And half here on the Pens' board to be equally as pissed.

Unrealistic expectations go both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad