GDT: Trade Deadline 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
PNW Chinese food is better, he'll go after hours for the food there :laugh:
It really is. It's interesting comparing them to the places here. Vancouver is exceptional for Asian food, wife being Vietnamese, we've basically been to every must visit place here and it's been incredible each time. I'm not a foodie at all either. Or course when we stay in Seattle it's also fantastic.

And your opinion, or mine, counts for exactly nothing in this.

Again, I don't have huge expectations. If the trade happens I expect to be whelmed.

Meaning that I expect you to be very pissed with the return. And half here on the Pens' board to be equally as pissed.

Unrealistic expectations go both ways.
We're just shooting the shit. At this point with what Sullivan has done to the team, all we have is fantastical trade proposals to make it through each day.

Kinda wild how everyone is talking about JR and not Allvin :laugh: Dude is more useless than a puppet African President.
Allvin was supposed to still learn how to be a GM and then JR was all peace out and took him to Vancouver and with the new role just sort of gave him the GM role. I think he is still heavily mentoring him personally. I'm sure Allvin does a lot more than we give him credit for lol.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It really is. It's interesting comparing them to the places here. Vancouver is exceptional for Asian food, wife being Vietnamese, we've basically been to every must visit place here and it's been incredible each time. I'm not a foodie at all either. Or course when we stay in Seattle it's also fantastic.

We're just shooting the shit. At this point with what Sullivan has done to the team, all we have is fantastical trade proposals to make it through each day.

Allvin was supposed to still learn how to be a GM and then JR was all peace out and took him to Vancouver and with the new role just sort of gave him the GM role. I think he is still heavily mentoring him personally. I'm sure Allvin does a lot more than we give him credit for lol.
My wife is also Vietnamese (born and raised in So Cal, but her parents are from Saigon) and we have really good Viet food down here in OC.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Wife is also Viet-Murrican with a lot of family in San Francisco. Sriracha homies!
Sriracha Pho the win! Just had a kid so Dad Jokes galore

And your opinion, or mine, counts for exactly nothing in this.

Again, I don't have huge expectations. If the trade happens I expect to be whelmed.

Meaning that I expect you to be very pissed with the return. And half here on the Pens' board to be equally as pissed.

Unrealistic expectations go both ways.
I look forward to Dubas getting Jarvis and Necas for Jake no retention or sweetener

• Love
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
It will be painful no matter what magic beans Dubas tires to finagle.

Sid -> Jake and vice versa. Another legendary Pens duo fades from memory.
59f6.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sriracha Pho the win! Just had a kid so Dad Jokes galore
I have learned a few words in Vietnamese, mostly nuoc-soi (hot water, get out of the way, lol), how to say Happy New Years, Thank you, and a few others. Damn hard to pick up for a language.

My father in law has taught me a lot of swear words, which he gets a kick out of teaching me out of context. Hilarious really, but a total dick move when we were in Vietnam last year and I am saying "Du ma may" to blokes as a hello/greeting and they start with a confused look, then think they should be angry, then look at my foreigner face which leads to laughter and some that speak english told me wtf that meant.
I look forward to Dubas getting Jarvis and Necas for Jake no retention or sweetener
Carolina is going to retain 90% on both and they're going to like it for Jeff Carter, Chad Ruhwedel, Mike Sullivan, and Jake Guentzel.

Sid and Jake or Carter and Harkins? Who's more iconic for the Pens?
ZAR-Simon

• Haha
Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'll be fine with the trade taking until the last second if the return is the best it can be.

I'm not confident the Sully+Dubas brain trust brings this team the best return though. :laugh:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
It will be painful no matter what magic beans Dubas tires to finagle.

Sid -> Jake and vice versa. Another legendary Pens duo fades from memory.
59f6.gif
Disagree.

I'll be fine with the trade taking until the last second if the return is the best it can be.

I'm not confident the Sully+Dubas brain trust brings this team the best return though. :laugh:
100%

Other teams are already making moves.

I'm confident dubas isn't gonna dushit

His biggest trade was because EK wanted to come here. Every other player he found has been lukewarm at best. Ned maybe not, but I'm pretty sure we all knew how good that career backup played against the pens

I don't want hextall or jr back. But dubas seems more forehead than fivehead

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Disagree.

100%

Other teams are already making moves.

I'm confident dubas isn't gonna dushit
Oh, Jake's gone. But his reported unwillingness to discuss an extension until the season and Dubas/Sully being the duo they are... I'm just hoping we snag something good from Carolina tbh.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Everyone (including Dubas) seems so focused on Guentzel trade and if they make it happen before deadline, but really they should be selling off anything they can that isn't bolted down including the kitchen sink.

Disappointed to not have seen anything. Will Guentzel be our only business and then call it a night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad