GDT: Trade Deadline 2020 coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Why would you give Kreider that kind of contract? Never hit 55 points, physical player turning 30 next year. He's just not going to be worth that contract and unlikely to be able to play through it either.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I expect Grant to be moved for a 3-5th
I expect MDZ to be moved for a 5-7th
I expect 1-3 AHL trades
I expect Miller has elected to stay in Anaheim
I expect most of our other work to be done after the draft lottery
I expect nobody on these boards will be happy today regardless

I think it would be a very tank commander move to trade Backes with 50% retention for a 4-7th round pick, but he’s not healthy enough. (Just for funsies)

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
whats the point in keeping grant for a 4th? I'm fine with the trade. get as much picks as possible. If we were gonna resign him we could've done it before the TDL.

Now anyone can resign him and I'm sure Derek will want to hit July 1 anyway. Good for grant as well to go on a cup run to see if he can possibly up his own value as it'll probably be his 1 crack at a great contract for himself.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

paine

Jun 4, 2007
What did you expect to receive for Grant? 3rd round pick was the best case scenario.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
So Grant could have been had for a late third and nobody stepped up? Stupid gms. And Bob dropped the ball here, not even worth trading him for that return. Rather have him play and send Steel to San Diego.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Meh kinda expected for grant trade... kinda surprised... thought we might squeeze a 3rd out, surprised no other teams bid higher than that tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad