Salary Cap: Trade Deadline 2017 - Fleury's Smile for 8 more years!! (See Post 134)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
People who say that picks are overrated...Guentzel, Rust, Wilson, Kuhn are all playing like regulars for us and all were selected in 3rd or lower rounds.

They got a cost controlled 23 year old for 1 4th rounder and a rental PPQB for another 4th rounder. Stop complaining about the deals, it's literally nonsense to do so :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hope our PP will be much better with a guy who knows how to run 1.

Why are people even entertaining the idea Streit will run the first PP unit? If Schultz, who is having a tremendous season, couldn't even oust Letang full time from the top PP unit, why do people think a 39 year old Streit will?

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
These deal are nothing. Might as well have not made them. Plegh

Pretty much.

Not the kick in the *** that this team needs...

BTW, is Fleury starting tonight? I need some barrel rolls and snow angels to brighten my day...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Why are people even entertaining the idea Streit will run the first PP unit? If Schultz, who is having a tremendous season, couldn't even oust Letang full time from the top PP unit, why do people think a 39 year old Streit will?

Ideally Streit will get some time on it while Letang is hurt and will be dominant there to the point they want to keep using him on it.

But we'll see.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I gotta say ... after reading about Hainsey not having ever been in the playoffs .. then being traded to a playoff team ... only to possibly be benched ... seems retry damn cruel.

Hainsey can play the left side.

Honestly, going into the playoffs we probably will see one of Daley or Maatta scratched.

Dumo - Letang
Hainsey / Maatta - Hainsey / Daley
Cole - Schultz
Streit/Daley/Maatta

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada

Yeah. This. Unfortunately. I'd love to see letang off the first PP but i just don't see it

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Dumo-Hainsey
Cole-Schultz
Streit-xxx

Once Letang is back:

Dumo-Letang
Cole-Schultz
Streit-Hainsey

Even with Maatta and Daley on the shelf, just getting Letang back makes a fairly solid top 6 IMO.

I'm not sure this isn't the best configuration of our D men, even if healthy. But that won't happen, so I'll be happy with this even if we head into the playoffs this way.

In the end, if this is the configuration and they're playing well, MS isn't changing a thing.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Well, in the end it ended as I expected.
1 more depth defenseman and the loyalty gang still in town. :(

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What I like is that JR's analytics people seem to be in charge and not the confederacy of dunces. These moves scream reliance on the analytics people that they brought in.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
So, McGuire just talked a load of bs about Anaheim being involved?

Oh, and I wish that we had picked up Parenteau for a 6th. Good scoring depth.

All he said is that there had been rumours of talks between the pens and ducks about young d.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ideally Streit will get some time on it while Letang is hurt and will be dominant there to the point they want to keep using him on it.

But we'll see.

Remember Schultz's December?

Streit couldn't keep Letang off the PP if he scored a P/G from here on out.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm not sure this isn't the best configuration of our D men, even if healthy. But that won't happen, so I'll be happy with this even if we head into the playoffs this way.

In the end, if this is the configuration and they're playing well, MS isn't changing a thing.

Yeah I'm not sure it's the best use either, but I sort of expect the other pairings to stay together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad