Salary Cap: Trade Deadline 2017 - Fleury's Smile for 8 more years!! (See Post 134)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
****ING DO SOMETHING!!!:rant:

JR was in on Hanzal and Shatty. Ended up 2nd in both. JR has waived Fehr, been dangling MAF out to no takers, and was in discussion w/ Buffalo heavy a week ago.

In addition - threw out a huge offer for Duchene. What else do you want the guy to do? Sometimes the cookie doesn't crumble your way.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Wonder if the brain trust actually think that we'd beat Columbus or Washington in a series if everyone is healthy.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Having not paid much attention, I just saw the "rumors" that GMJR is in on Duchene and Faulk?

Is that even feasible?

Duchene @ $6 mil for 2 more years
Faulk @ $4.83 mil for 3 more years

??

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
based on what Ive seen, standing pat just doesnt seem enough for the Pens.
Adding Hainsey isnt enough depth.

So far though I just dont see anyone out there on the trade board that would really help. If there was anyone they have either been snapped up or the price is just extortionate *cough*Colorado*cough*

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly, with Fleury not going anywhere, nothing might be the best thing that could happen this TDL. There isn't much out there, anymore. And you know that the team certainly isn't going to sell anything. Except maybe Fehr in order to accommodate a small deal for another defenseman. Who that might be I haven't the foggiest.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
3 minutes until we see what happens with Fehr. Hopefully that opens up some floodgates.

I'd be happy with adding MDZ or Kulikov if it's cheap as hell, they could be solid long term answers if they fit here and rebound like Schultz has.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
JR was in on Hanzal and Shatty. Ended up 2nd in both. JR has waived Fehr, been dangling MAF out to no takers, and was in discussion w/ Buffalo heavy a week ago.

In addition - threw out a huge offer for Duchene. What else do you want the guy to do? Sometimes the cookie doesn't crumble your way.

Yep, we probably get Hainsey and nothing else is my guess at this point. Get healthy and try finding a switch, or it's FOUUUUUUR in the first round if we keep playing this way.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Having not paid much attention, I just saw the "rumors" that GMJR is in on Duchene and Faulk?

Is that even feasible?

??

Faulk isn't coming here, we don't got the pieces for him to throw away. We also got Letang and Schultz.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com

Is that even feasible?

??

Duchene has been a rumor for months but he may not be dealt at all til the draft. Faulk is probably not getting moved period

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Is that even feasible?

??

If Maatta and Daley go on IR, possibly. Someone who understands the cap better might be able to offer some input.

Long term the cap hits of Kunitz, Dupuis, Daley and what's left of Scuderi's comes off the books. Fleury is likely to be traded too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad