Salary Cap: Trade Deadline 2017 - Fleury's Smile for 8 more years!! (See Post 134)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Cole
Corrado
Daley
Dumoulin
Hainsey
Letang
Maatta
Ruhwedel
Schultz
Streit

So... who sits?

I'm really not sure who sits.

LD
Maatta
Dumoulin
Streit
Cole

RD
Letang
Schultz
Hainsey
Ruhwedel

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
i'm excited about the corrado deal. he has talent and we are pretty good at reclamation dmen lately apparently.

and no more fehr!

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Very good TDL, we added some depth at #D without giving up nothing of value and cleaning some cap for next year too.
Well done GMJR, well done.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Dumo-Hainsey
Cole-Schultz
Streit-xxx

Once Letang is back:

Dumo-Letang
Cole-Schultz
Streit-Hainsey

Even with Maatta and Daley on the shelf, just getting Letang back makes a fairly solid top 6 IMO.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
People complaining about these moves are being a little ridiculous. Saying you wanted Fleury and Kunitz and Bones out is one thing, but if we weren't going to get Duchene/Landy, it would have been stupid to force a "big" move and lose one of our top young guys. Our D is clearly banged up and we don't know what we will have ready for the playoffs and having 8 veteran guys back there isn't a bad thing for us. Plus, depending on how Streit is used, our PP could certainly use a boost. We gave up very little and added a guy that led the entire league in PP points by a dman just 2 years ago. Yeah, he's old, but he was a cheap rental and he was old when he did that too (37).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
i'm excited about the corrado deal. he has talent and we are pretty good at reclamation dmen lately apparently.

and no more fehr!

Yeah, he very well might end up being nothing, but he's only 23 and he has missed basically an entire year of development due to his usage with Toronto. I like bringing him in, especially at such a low cost.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
When can Sprong join the team? Tell him to intentionally throw his junior team's 1st round playoff series so he can get to Pittsburgh double quick.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I'm really not sure who sits.

LD
Maatta
Dumoulin
Streit
Cole

RD
Letang
Schultz
Hainsey
Ruhwedel

I gotta say ... after reading about Hainsey not having ever been in the playoffs .. then being traded to a playoff team ... only to possibly be benched ... seems retry damn cruel.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I'll give you Corrado but why wouldn't Streit play in the playoffs?
He's capable of better play than Daley has shown this season.

My guess is they go with the original 6, and heinsey plays instead of Daley if he isnt recovering fast enough or plays bad. Streit/Daley as the 7/8

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
So, McGuire just talked a load of bs about Anaheim being involved?

Oh, and I wish that we had picked up Parenteau for a 6th. Good scoring depth.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Dumoulin - Letang
Cole - Schultz
Maatta - Hainsey
Streit

Those would be my pairs

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
People who say that picks are overrated...Guentzel, Rust, Wilson, Kuhn are all playing like regulars for us and all were selected in 3rd or lower rounds.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
None of Corrado or Streit will play come playoffs. So we gave up 2x4th round picks for a months depth on defense until Maatta, Daley, and Letang is back... *sigh*

Is Corrado Waiver eligible now? so we can at least send him down without him needing to pass waivers?

Corrado maybe but Streit really? Daley might take time to get back to speed from his injury and assuming Maatta has any speed, he'll take some time to get back too. If Streit works out well, I wouldn't pull him out just to put one of those 2 back in.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
People complaining about these moves are being a little ridiculous. Saying you wanted Fleury and Kunitz and Bones out is one thing, but if we weren't going to get Duchene/Landy, it would have been stupid to force a "big" move and lose one of our top young guys. Our D is clearly banged up and we don't know what we will have ready for the playoffs and having 8 veteran guys back there isn't a bad thing for us. Plus, depending on how Streit is used, our PP could certainly use a boost. We gave up very little and added a guy that led the entire league in PP points by a dman just 2 years ago. Yeah, he's old, but he was a cheap rental and he was old when he did that too (37).

We gave up nothing of value and picked up some stop gaps for our depleted D core. Now just get healthy and we can make a go at this.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Okay deadline for JR.

We didn't get the big fish, and we didn't trade away the toy, but we did leverage our forward depth to fix our defensive depth and didn't pay much at all. We rid ourselves of Oleksy, and Ruhwedel and Gaunce probably won't see the ice again (hopefully).

Streit should be good for us with fewer minutes (a 4th rounder for a cheap defenseman with 21 points in 49 games is a good ****ing deal), and as insurance in case of injury. Corrado's a question mark but I like that he has upside that could mesh with our team.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
When can Sprong join the team? Tell him to intentionally throw his junior team's 1st round playoff series so he can get to Pittsburgh double quick.

Seeing how it is rumored that Sprong wanted to be traded from Charlottetown unless they went all in (which they did), I see no chance of this happening.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I gotta say ... after reading about Hainsey not having ever been in the playoffs .. then being traded to a playoff team ... only to possibly be benched ... seems retry damn cruel.

I wouldn't believe what is said here. Hainsey is a solid defenseman and he'll likely be rotated in the line-up in the playoffs when healthy, assuming we are 100% healthy. Honestly though I would sit Maatta and play Hainsey over him. His lack of foot speed last year in the playoffs was painful as hell to watch and he's not any better than that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad