GDT: Trade Deadline 2016: Apparently the Price is Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bigras, Zadorov, and Meloche are clearly better prospects. Wood is probably better than Mironov and Butcher.

Avs probably need to draft a RD this summer in the first two rounds now... I'll start getting my hopes up for McAvoy. :nod:

Well it's almost assured that they'll draft a LD or a RD in the 2nd with their draft strategy anyway.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
I feel like one of the biggest problems the Avalanche have had is not drafting outside of the Canadian sphere of talent unless it's a guy that's a consensus top 10.

This has seemed to change slightly as of late with picks like Mironov, Boikov, Olhaver, Westlund and Pajpach but it seems they have been reluctant to take a chance on a lot of foreign talent over the years.

A lot of the guys you seeing break out this year are European talent. Either drafted or signed from other leagues. Don't get me wrong there is a ton of talent from Canada as well but Europe is becoming a haven for talented young players with the game developing in other countries (Switzerland especially).

Would a kid like Nico Hischier even be on Colorado's radar now? I have no clue.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How? Mironov is playing well in a better league.

From what I have seen. Wood has big offensive potential, but has a long road. Mironov is a decent prospect, but I don't seem much of a ceiling, even assuming he wants to come over.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Last-minute deals coming into the NHL office every year:

tumblr_n055oh2uqq1s5tlmxo1_500.gif

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
From what I have seen. Wood has big offensive potential, but has a long road. Mironov is a decent prospect, but I don't seem much of a ceiling, even assuming he wants to come over.

As I've said in the prospect thread, Mironov will never put up points, but he can skate, plays a nasty game, is sound defensively, plays 20+ minutes on one of the deepest teams in the KHL and can play both sides of the ice.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
As I've said in the prospect thread, Mironov will never put up points, but he can skate, plays a nasty game, is sound defensively, plays 20+ minutes on one of the deepest teams in the KHL and can play both sides of the ice.

Mironov reminds me a lot of Kasparaitis, if he can develop and become that level of player than our defense really would have a bit of everything.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I'm not saying he can't ever play in the NHL... he just isn't going to be a huge impact player. If the Avs got a solid bottom pairing defensemen that is nasty to play against, they did well. Wood has more potential than that... he could be an impact player. It is just risky and going to take a solid 3-4 more years for him to get his footing.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado

Which is why I see Mironov WAY ahead of Wood. We already have guys that can put up points. Mainly Barrie, Bigras, Meloche looks like will be able to pitch in as well.

Mironov will become what we all thought Siemens would be and that is a defensive stalwart that might put in 10-15 points a season but shuts down the other team.

I can't believe people are so high on Wood (playing in the OHL) while so low on Mironov (playing in a real league).

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
So, many people expected Wiercioch and we ended up with Gelinas.

They seem to be very similar players, is that right?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I can't believe people are so high on Wood (playing in the OHL) while so low on Mironov (playing in a real league).

Anton Belov has been one of the best KHL defensemen over the years... he flat out sucked in the NHL. KHL success doesn't mean NHL success.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Anton Belov has been one of the best KHL defensemen over the years... he flat out sucked in the NHL. KHL success doesn't mean NHL success.

Junior numbers also don't equate to NHL success. I would just rather have the guy playing in a better league though.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Bigras, Zadorov, and Meloche are clearly better prospects. Wood is probably better than Mironov and Butcher.

Avs probably need to draft a RD this summer in the first two rounds now... I'll start getting my hopes up for McAvoy. :nod:

Luke Green or Frederic Allard.......assuming Joe doesn't give our 2nd away.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Junior numbers also don't equate to NHL success. I would just rather have the guy playing in a better league though.

I'd rather take my shot with a CHL/NCAA prospect over a KHL prospect/player. That said, I like Mironov more than Wood for the sole fact that I don't believe Wood will truly reach his full potential.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Never said it did... I'm a big skill set sort of guy. I really don't put much stock in production in lower leagues. I have a pretty long track record of that over the years on here. Wood is risky, but he is a worthwhile risk to take. 6'6" defensemen with his offensive skill set are hard to find. Only a couple a year come through the draft.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
I'd rather take my shot with a CHL/NCAA prospect over a KHL prospect/player. That said, I like Mironov more than Wood for the sole fact that I don't believe Wood will truly reach his full potential.

I guess we all have our preferences. That's why Chicago has Panarin and the rest of the league doesn't.

Thought I watch a lot more Euro leagues than I do CHL leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad