GDT: Trade Deadline 2016: Apparently the Price is Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Happy for Ginner. Great environment and he knows many guys on the team already. I bet he has a monster playoff drive for them. Hope he makes bank this summer.

Surprised Ham/Vrbs didn't leave Vancouver, and obviously PAP from Toronto. Hoping the latter was due to nobody wanting him, because that'd be epic luls.

Overall, I'm glad Minnesota didn't do much and I like our chances of beating them to a wild card spot. Beyond that, not so much.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Well, at the end of the day, the Avs got better and the Wild did not (although I was hoping they'd end up "worse by addition" but that didn't work out). Now they just need to play like it and they've got a great shot at the playoffs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
@TV on the 2015 class. The grading will be done over the next year except maybe Boikov. Meloche and Beaudin are progressing as expected. With Greer they have plenty of time to figure that out. Olhaver isn't getting signed. Mironov may or may not want to come over.

Boikov might be interesting... without Wood coming in, they may want to sign him for next year in the AHL.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Interesting way of looking at it. I don't really agree with it but oh well.

I think they would have signed Wood but that's confirmation that Bleackley wasn't going to happen. I think it's now fair to say that pick was a waste. Wonder where things went wrong with him. He seems like a pretty decent kid so hopefully he has success, either with the Coyotes or the next team that drafts him. IMO, he wasn't treated too well by the Avs.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

I think they would have signed Wood but that's confirmation that Bleackley wasn't going to happen. I think it's now fair to say that pick was a waste. Wonder where things went wrong with him. He seems like a pretty decent kid so hopefully he has success, either with the Coyotes or the next team that drafts him. IMO, he wasn't treated too well by the Avs.

It actually makes me feel a lot better that the Avs were on the fence about Wood, had they given up a piece that they really wanted it would give them more psychological incentive to resign Boedker at a higher price.

Also interesting to see how little value Boedker had on the market.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It'll be interesting to see who gets bumped from the PP if both Gelinas and Boedker get PP time. Comeau is the obvious one. I guess Beachemin might not be on the PP to not wear him out.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It'll be interesting to see who gets bumped from the PP if both Gelinas and Boedker get PP time. Comeau is the obvious one. I guess Beachemin might not be on the PP to not wear him out.

I think Grigorenko (unfortunately) will be the player removed from the PP for Boedker. I didn't think he played very well in the Stadium Series game, and we all know how short his leash is with Roy. I'd be more than happy removing Beauch from the PP. Ease up his minutes

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bleackley is a bigger failure than Hishon and Siemens (that's possible). That's three 1st rd busts drafted in a 4 years span, it hurts badly.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Coming to camp out of shape on his first try.
I think they would have signed Wood but I wonder if they were looking at him as another Rutkowski and having a very low chance of making it. Interesting.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado

After diggin into a little he has had two bad injuries and showing up to a camp in poor condition did him in....

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
I like the trades and especially firm message: we are fighting for playoffs. It could be morale bust. Hope Boedker will have a start to his AVS career as Mueller with the difference of not having concussion.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Defensive prospects better than Kyle Wood:

Bigras, Zadorov, Meloche, Mironov, Butcher

I think I am okay losing Kyle Wood.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another disappointing part about today is that I think it may rule out Rantanen and Zadorov for the time being. Boedker and Gelinas likely took their spots. Sure, it's more development time but I think Rantanen was ready to go.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bigras, Zadorov, and Meloche are clearly better prospects. Wood is probably better than Mironov and Butcher.

Avs probably need to draft a RD this summer in the first two rounds now... I'll start getting my hopes up for McAvoy. :nod:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
So hopefully this means Siemens gets more time. Still a chance he goes at the draft, but I'd think they would want him back at least for SA

I'm disappointed in the type of defenseman they went out and got but at least there is some room for development with Gelinas.

Like getting to test drive Boeds for a late 2nd, fringe prospect while not taking on a ton extra salary. He should be a much better fit than Tangs.

Seems like a smart deadline overall which is what I wanted.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Either every insider has been off all along or Yzerman has changed his mind a bunch of times and still might not know what he wants.

If the similar type of forward is Rantanen then the answer is hell no. Hopefully we can work something out at the draft though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, I don't see it.

Not on that specific part, but I'm also not too worried about losing Wood. If he pans out to his fullest, what is he going to become, a solid #4 defensemen? And that's if he can somehow figure out how to skate better and progress even more as a player?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Either every insider has been off all along or Yzerman has changed his mind a bunch of times and still might not know what he wants.

Maybe he still wants to hold out hope that he can convince Drouin to return?

I'm not exactly sure what he's going to get if he wants a similar young player. Don't see teams moving the young players who are willing to put the time in for a player who isn't.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Bigras, Zadorov, and Meloche are clearly better prospects. Wood is probably better than Mironov and Butcher.

Avs probably need to draft a RD this summer in the first two rounds now... I'll start getting my hopes up for McAvoy. :nod:

How? Mironov is playing well in a better league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad