GDT: Trade Deadline 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshirtbolt

Aug 12, 2009
sit back and relax. watch teams try and super tank to increase their chance at mcdavid...lets be honest, they are all gonna try

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Coburn has lost a step in the last few years and it shows.

Hes still an upgrade on Gudas and several other players they're running out there. Tampa paid a heavy price but I think this trade looks better for them come April.

Eh. Gudas is younger and was Tampa's second best defenseman before going down and getting knee surgery. Coburn's good but he's fairly even with Gudas at this point in his career. This was basically Tampa gunning for the Cup this year by trading a kid who is out injured for the remainder of the season so they can get a defensman for a cup run right now.

Good trade for Montreal. Hope the Islanders dont get Kessel

I do. It does nothing to solve their problems. They already have a great group of forwards who score a ton. Their defense is still suspect, the PK is atrocious, and Halak has a tendency to implode. Adding Kessel would fix none of this. Plus, he is another $8M on their payroll for 6-7 years.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Healy said on Sportsnet that Montreal would have definitely played L.A. last year if Kreider didn't injure Price.

Did he really expect to start over Richter?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Hey while MacTavish still has a job in Edmonton, couldn't we get a couple of first round picks for Tanner Glass. I'm just sayin, make the call and go all obiwon on him "These are not the draft picks you are looking for - move along, move along". Seems to work for everyone else :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad