GDT: Trade Deadline 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
I really like what the Jets did over the last month. Depending on Hutchinson, they can be a real darkhorse.

Red Wings had a good deadline in the East. Cole and Zidlicky can be a lot better in Detroit than on their old teams. They gave up very little.

Frankly, Detroit is the team that concerns me in the East. Unless Boston wakes up.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I really like what the Jets did over the last month. Depending on Hutchinson, they can be a real darkhorse.

Red Wings had a good deadline in the East. Cole and Zidlicky can be a lot better in Detroit than on their old teams. They gave up very little.

Frankly, Detroit is the team that concerns me in the East. Unless Boston wakes up.

Was just thinking this.

Right now, they're matched up with Anaheim. They'd win that matchup IMO, and if Hutchinson gets hot, which you pointed at, they could go deep. Like, to the finals deep. Provided LA doesn't sneak in.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Was just thinking this.

Right now, they're matched up with Anaheim. They'd win that matchup IMO, and if Hutchinson gets hot, which you pointed at, they could go deep. Like, to the finals deep. Provided LA doesn't sneak in.

Yeah, I wouldn't look forward to playing Buff, Ladd and Co. in a 7 game series if their goalie holds up. Myers has become riduculously underrated as well.

Still, the Kings will make it. No doubt about it.

Hawks, Ducks, Blues. Preds with Laviolette. Hopfully they all destroy each other.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Really think people are sleeping on Montreal in the East right now, especially those saying we are CLEAR favorites to come out of the East. They've got the best record in the East, Price has been playing out of his mind this year, and I think they made some real solid moves to shore up their bottom six depth today. T. Mitchell was someone a lot of Ranger fans were bringing up as a target for our own team. Not to mention they're one of the few teams that I believe has the speed to keep up with our boys.

HoosierDaddy

Jun 29, 2007
Norway
Originally Posted by JDs Straight Shot View Post
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 28s29 seconds ago
Petry to MON for a 2nd and a 5th, 5th could end up higher on conditions
Well I'm sure the Oilers will find great players with those picks

Well I'm sure the Oilers will find great players with those picks :laugh:

Agree. Drafts to the Oilers are as useful as titts on a bull. :laugh:

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
The Penguins are having a meltdown over Depres for Lovejoy, the trade-thread on their board is wold class entertainment :laugh: Can't blame them though, weird trade value wise and from a need perspective. Gotta love it!

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The Penguins are having a meltdown over Depres for Lovejoy, the trade-thread on their board is wold class entertainment :laugh: Can't blame them though, weird trade value wise and from a need perspective. Gotta love it!

That would be like us trading someone like Hayes for the forward version of LoveJoy. What the heck was the Pens GM thinking? :laugh:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
They're showing the Canadiens lineups right now on TSN TradeCentre. Just give Price the Vezina and the Hart, and Therrien the Jack Adams. Amazing that they are #1 overall in the conference.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The worst part about the deadline for me was seeing Gudas go to Philly. I know he hasn't been as good as he was last year, but I still really like the player. And he's just going to be annoying there.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Sportsnet sour grapes:

"Canadiens would have gone to the Stanley Cup final if not for Chris Kreider."

More like, if not for Emelin. Idiots catering to idiot Montreal fans.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
the habs roster is horrible

it truly is Price.

having said that I do think we see them again in the East Final. but the same thing will happen. we will beat them. we've got to much right now and there's not enough of a difference between price and hank (who will be rested)

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Sportsnet sour grapes:

BLASPHEMY!!!!

They would have swept the Kings with Price!!!!!

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
This year's Habs are a replica of 2012 Torts Rangers.

Bad PP, Price, Pacioretty and team defense.

They're gonna fight tooth and nail to get through the first 2 rounds. They'll be out of gas if they even make the Conference finals.

Detroit in the East are the main challenge. However, the Kings are still the team to beat. They won't have to break as much of a sweat now that Giordano is out.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
This year's Habs are a replica of 2012 Torts Rangers.

Bad PP, Price, Pacioretty and team defense.

They're gonna fight tooth and nail to get through the first 2 rounds. They'll be out of gas if they even make the Conference finals.

Detroit in the East are the main challenge. However, the Kings are still the team to beat. They won't have to break as much of a sweat now that Giordano is out.

Ive been saying that. Price is 2012 Hank

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Slats and co. putting their full faith in Kevin Hayes.

I would easily trade 3 first round picks 25-30 for Kevin Hayes of today. One for Buch.

Though all the picks we are loosing, it won't hurt in 2-3 years or probably not 4 years either. But after that we will notice it, Detroit was without 1sts for a really long time (might not have been in a row but they had like 1 during a 5 year period or something), 6-7 years after it they didn't have much on the farm. We can't count on getting a Duke or Buch like we have, imagine taking both of them off the farm and we are real thin right now.

But I am thinking Slats will recover some picks/prospects.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011

Really? I know Detroit made some nice additions at the deadline but they don't scare me at all. Our defense and goaltending is world's above theirs. Forwards are similar

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Sportsnet sour grapes:

Even ignoring the fact that claiming Kreider intentionally injured Price, despite all evidence pointing to the contrary, this is a ridiculous statement.

I love how it's a foregone conclusion that if Price were in net they beat the Rangers. Tokarski played fantastic. Not to mention we have a guy called Hank in our net who is just as much a game breaker as Price. What a joke.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Even ignoring the fact that claiming Kreider intentionally injured Price, despite all evidence pointing to the contrary, this is a ridiculous statement.

I love how it's a foregone conclusion that if Price were in net they beat the Rangers. Tokarski played fantastic. Not to mention we have a guy called Hank in our net who is just as much a game breaker as Price. What a joke.

They gotta feed the hate. This was from that ******* Prust fanning the flames..."accidentally on purpose..." garbage. You always see him crash the net but he avoids hitting goaltenders. We see it all the time.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
They gotta feed the hate. This was from that ******* Prust fanning the flames..."accidentally on purpose..." garbage. You always see him crash the net but he avoids hitting goaltenders. We see it all the time.
Montreal fans have no right to complain about goalie interference. Gallagher has the most GI penalties in the league by a wide margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->