Trade Deadline 2015 Part II

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Without watching Reinhart's play in Bridgeport, it's difficult to gauge how indicative his +/- is of his actual play. At least one poster who watches Reinhart regularly in the AHL is saying that it's not indicative of his play, which is more than what we have saying that it is.

But if you feel we should ignore the eye test and rely on +/-, Bailey's a +11 and Okposo is -2. Should we also think Bailey is better than Okposo?

+/- Is a good stat when you don't ask too much of it. Context (is it a good or bad team?) and role (does Griff see all the opposition's top dogs every shift?) has to be weighed with the stat.

That is #1 why the eye test is a key element to using that stat, and the other stats.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
He's better at ensuring we get the better of scoring over the course of a year. Okposo's ability to create more offense is needed in individual games.

If you truly beloved that +/- tells the quality of play without needing to actually watch the players, you'd be able to answer the question straight.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If you truly beloved that +/- tells the quality of play without needing to actually watch the players, you'd be able to answer the question straight.

Nobody believes that it tells the quality without context. It's context driven.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
So let me get this straight. When a guy like Strome has a great +/- it is because he makes everybody around him better. When a guy like Strait (who I agree stinks) has a bad +/- it is because he is always on the ice for goals against. But if Reinhart has a bad +/- it is because everybody else on the ice is at fault and he cant control them.........ooooookay, I got it.

Your ignorance is showing. My first clue is that you put so much weight into +/-. My Second is that you just completely ignored that he's working on the offensive side of his game. My 3rd is that you can't comprehend the difference between being a rookie in the AHL and a vet in the dub. My 4th is that you clearly do not get what the AHL level is for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad