Trade and Free Agency Thread - 2022 - Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It was reported that the Leafs/Hawks were discussing a Fleury trade. If he had no desire at all to come here it wouldn't have gotten that far.

The only team he know he said he wouldn't go to was Edmonton.
I really think it was like who do want for MAF and Hagel....Hawks answered and Dubas said good luck.

Anyhow, it would be amazing if MAF ends up here.

Colorado demonstrated that it's possible to slay the dragon without a top tier goaltender.

We need to upgrade in goal, but we don't necessarily need another Vasilevsky either.
They do have some skill forwards that drive to the net and the second coming of Bobby Orr.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I really think it was like who do want for MAF and Hagel....Hawks answered and Dubas said good luck.

They do have some skill forwards that drive to the net and the second coming of Bobby Orr.
Hagel was really bad for TB, and now they are stuck with him.
dealing for a guy having a career best with a crazy high shooting % is not wise

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hagel was really bad for TB, and now they are stuck with him.
dealing for a guy having a career best with a crazy high shooting % is not wise

I dont think hes bad, just a solid middle 6 guy whose contract returned more than his play justified.
I think people expected Hagel to do what Goodrow and Coleman did and when he didn't, he was over-rated...but the truth is, he is making League Minimum.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think people expected Hagel to do what Goodrow and Coleman did and when he didn't, he was over-rated...but the truth is, he is making League Minimum.

Hagel is worth his money, and he is a solid middle 6 winger.

The issue is more that they paid 2 B prospects and 2 1sts for a guy who is nowhere near worth that when his shooting percentage is not ridiculous.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not sure what Hague and Roy would cost but I’d be very interested in both those players.

Likely Sandin is in there if you're including Roy...Sandin figures to come in for 900-1M which helps Vegas kick the can down the road a bit on cap and get a good long term player.

I don't know if Sandin just becomes a really good defenseman that Hague won't be. Hague has a bomb of a shot...likely a 2nd pairing defenseman moving forward and brings ingredients Muzzin does.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
You don't actually believe they are keeping Mrazek do you? that's not an option
It’s definitely not the preferred situation but if the cost to move off him is too prohibitive vs the likelihood he has a bounce back year then you have to have that conversation.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Likely Sandin is in there if you're including Roy...Sandin figures to come in for 900-1M which helps Vegas kick the can down the road a bit on cap and get a good long term player.

I don't know if Sandin just becomes a really good defenseman that Hague won't be. Hague has a bomb of a shot...likely a 2nd pairing defenseman moving forward and brings ingredients Muzzin does.
I’m wondering if something along the lines of Sandin, Engvall, Malgin (rights) and 2024 2nd Round Pick for Hague and Roy would work?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I’m wondering if something along the lines of Sandin, Engvall, Malgin (rights) and 2024 2nd Round Pick for Hague and Roy would work?

Maybe. I think Vegas would want to know what Engvall's camp has asked for.

I don't think Hague and Sandin is far off in value, you can argue either way...

Is Roy worth Engvall and a 2nd essentially?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hagel is worth his money, and he is a solid middle 6 winger.

The issue is more that they paid 2 B prospects and 2 1sts for a guy who is nowhere near worth that when his shooting percentage is not ridiculous.
B prospects might not turn into anything, while the 2 1st could be the 31st and 32nd pick.
I do agree, I don't see how Hagel justified the value but there is another year in his deal.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

they also have a player who may even be better than matty playing defense.

Makar is f***ing insane. He might give mcd a run for his money in terms of the best player in the league. Matty needs to take over a playoff series and deliver a win.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
they also have a player who may even be better than matty playing defense.

Makar is f***ing insane. He might give mcd a run for his money in terms of the best player in the league. Matty needs to take over a playoff series and deliver a win.
I think Makar is in the conversation as being the top 3 players in the league and due to being a Dman, it can be argue he is the best player in the league since it is hard to compare a Dman to a forward.
Put it this way, I can see a trade between AM plus a little bit for McD but I cannot see a AM for Makar trade unless Leafs go way over the top.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Teams interested in Hague are reportedly from the East.

Really hoping the Leafs are in. Wanted to trade down for Hague in his draft year. He hasn't scratched the surface of his potential yet.

Checks a lot of boxes for this team, with the right development. He plays a mean game but has untapped goal scoring potential from the blueline, truly an incredible point shot in junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad