Strome-Tavares-Strome
Radulov-Engvall-Nylander
Bunting-Kampf-Kase

Rielly-Subban
Giordano-Brodie
Muzzin-Sandin
Liljegren

Murray/Campbell

Trade - Kerfoot & Holl if we need more cap space find a team willing too retain Murrays contract 50% for a draft pick or one of those two players.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
No one thinks Muzzin is going to get moved?

He is my choice only due to foot speed slowing down. He’s exactly what we need but I think he’s just past the point we want to keep him.

Holl can stay as our 6/7 D no problem but I would rather have a bruiser.

Rielly brodie
Gio Lilly
Sandin X
Holl

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
No one thinks Muzzin is going to get moved?

He is my choice only due to foot speed slowing down. He’s exactly what we need but I think he’s just past the point we want to keep him.

Holl can stay as our 6/7 D no problem but I would rather have a bruiser.

Rielly brodie
Gio Lilly
Sandin X
Holl

No, Muzzin does not get moved.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Fairly underwhelming list overall. Mostly guys who may upgrade our 4th line. Not really seeing anyone who makes a ton of sense for our middle 6 spots besides Heinen maybe for 2LW, and maybe a guy like Larsson for the shutdown line.

De Haan doesn't fit in any way. Subban is not exactly the right kind of guy to replace Holl but at least he is a natural RD and maybe we can make him work as a 3RD if he is willing to adapt to a more defensive style of play.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
That’s a pretty horrific list there….
I don't think it's all bad. A couple names that could be decent. Strome wouldn't surprise me or Subban. Whether you like it or not unless they trade a couple guys they're looking at these types of signings to try and strike gold and get lucky. It's not going to be easy. Comrie could work out too.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
That isn't the most exciting list I've ever seen, I'd like to open up a bit of room to shop in a higher tier if possible
No doubt... I'm in that boat too but I don't know if Dubas will actually do a move like that. I hope for a couple surprises but I don't have my hopes up.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I don't think it's all bad. A couple names that could be decent. Strome wouldn't surprise me or Subban. Whether you like it or not unless they trade a couple guys they're looking at these types of signings to try and strike gold and get lucky. It's not going to be easy. Comrie could work out too.

It’s not about getting expensive guys. We need the right kinds of guys and those guys are mostly exactly what we shouldn’t be adding.

LBloor

Jul 21, 2021
Fairly underwhelming list overall. Mostly guys who may upgrade our 4th line. Not really seeing anyone who makes a ton of sense for our middle 6 spots besides Heinen maybe for 2LW, and maybe a guy like Larsson for the shutdown line.

De Haan doesn't fit in any way. Subban is not exactly the right kind of guy to replace Holl but at least he is a natural RD and maybe we can make him work as a 3RD if he is willing to adapt to a more defensive style of play.
Yes cause Subban has always been a team first not PK first kind of guy lol

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I think that's all dependent on if they move Kerfoot or Holl (which I don't think they do). More cap space would be better but I don't think it's in the cards.

As I mentioned earlier they're probably just going bargain bin shopping and running it back with Holl and Kerfoot. They'll try to put the most money towards another goalie. In doing so part of the rationale is probably to get Robertson into the line up full time next year and also ensure Knies will get a chance at a spot too.

Not that I agree with it, but it is what it is. Also the mid-tier UFA market is going crazy (Nuke and Rakell's deals). So even lower end wingers like Vatrano are poised to get term and good AAV's. Tough to round out depth with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad