Trade and Free Agency Thread - 2022 - Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBloor

Jul 21, 2021
Yes I did, and he had a bad stretch but was solid after that. He's a worst a #5 who can play top 4 in a pinch. Like I said, worse players teams paid a decent price for. You're at worse getting a late 2nd or a 3rd from a team. Lets not make Leafs players worse than they are.

It's like people saying Nylander won't be highly valued because he's lazy
ok you go with that. Nylander I believe has very good valkue but he is a scorer, not a bad defender like Holl

• Haha
Reactions: kb and stickty111

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Gaudreau leaving is the best thing for Toronto.
Dubas needs a reminder that you can’t just get a last minute deal

If Matty doesn’t sign next year you can’t walk hun to FA.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I will go with facts so yes I will. Holl is a good defender. He's just the whipping boy and his play no matter how good won't change that.
As a closeted Holl fan myself (we go by the name Holl Monitors) I sympathize with your struggle. Holl is perfectly fine as a bottom pairing defenseman. He just happens to make very obvious errors despite his usually average to above average play

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I will go with facts so yes I will. Holl is a good defender. He's just the whipping boy and his play no matter how good won't change that.

Holl is a fairly average 5-6 defenseman who has the unique attribute of being a 6’4” wing span guy who can shunt traffic to the outside and break things up with his reach. Leafs get more mileage out of him letting him free wheel, but he’s only unique on a blueline that doesn’t normally value that body type.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
As a closeted Holl fan myself (we go by the name Holl Monitors) I sympathize with your struggle. Holl is perfectly fine as a bottom pairing defenseman. He just happens to make very obvious errors despite his usually average to above average play
Yup. Fine player. I would look to trade him though because we have options and not because he's terrible or anything. He isn't needed anymore IMO

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
Accommodating Tavares in his new flexible forward role is going to be kind of weird. He's still an elite faceoff man, true, so you line him up to take draws, and quite happy to do so.

But then you also need to pair him with a dependable two way center who can be tasked with puck transport and defensive coverage, but is relatively poor at taking faceoffs - since you wouldn't want to burn up a line with two elite faceoff takers. Maybe it's Marner, but if not, who does that guy look like?
Sounds like JT Miller to me.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Wish we were more like the Flames - make sure we don't overpay our best elite players so we can pay gritty depth like Coleman and Lucic instead.

They offered Gaudreau 10M x 8 apparently, I don't think it's a money thing at this point.

I do wonder at what point did they decide to not negotiate in season and why?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Tkachuk likely gonna be around Sandin and 88.

Not sure the difference between Nylander and Tkachuk is Sandin… but it’s an interesting proposal.

Tkachuk hasn’t exactly been that gray in the playoffs yet but I think some maturity in his style of game and he could be a big game changer.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not sure the difference between Nylander and Tkachuk is Sandin… but it’s an interesting proposal.

Tkachuk hasn’t exactly been that gray in the playoffs yet but I think some maturity in his style of game and he could be a big game changer.

Not enough. Should be pushing 11M minimum.

I'd be willing to overpay for a unique element.

You think 11M for Gaudreau though? He's 28 and is he 2.5M better than Forsberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad