Trade and Free Agency Thread - 2021/22 - Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This. If they're so into Campbell, this is our opportunity to acquire Blackwood from them in a larger deal involving Campbell's rights. We may have an advantage over other teams.

Something around 88, Holl, Campbell's rights for 2nd overall+?? or Bratt+??

Mercer, Bratt, Blackwood, 2nd overall and McLeod are all assets I could see Toronto having interest in.

Reactions: Stigma

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I’m really wondering if Niemela will elbow his way onto the third pair with a strong camp.
There’s strong veteran presence in house to put beside him.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I mean more from the Leafs side and how they havent jumped at him as an option when needing a backup or goaltending depth.
He hasn't been an option for the Leafs. He made too much money on his last contract to ever fit with the Leafs. He was a FA again last off season and the Leafs signed Mrazek on day one. I'd say this off season is the first time the Leafs can legitimately acquire him again since they moved him in 2016.

Kalaish26

Oct 12, 2016
Joe Sakic was able to take advantage of other teams' situations in the past to acquire guys like Kadri, Toews, and Andre Burakovsky w/o giving up a 1st while also taking chances and being patient on guys like Nichuskin. This is the key for any salary capped league, but we have to continue to take chances on guys who can potentially outplay their contracts, especially given our cap situation. Whether it is more reclamation projects, or guys on their ELCs, Dubas really needs to re-tool our forward group so that we actually have a good mesh of playing styles in our lineup.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I’m really wondering if Niemela will elbow his way onto the third pair with a strong camp.
There’s strong veteran presence in house to put beside him.
Who do you see him replacing?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Realllllllly unlikely.
Yeah, I don’t see it as great odds, but if anyone internal is gonna surprise and steal a spot, I’d pick him.
Smart, experienced against men for many years already. Good insulation with Gio or Muzz.

Who do you see him replacing?
If Justin Holl gets moved, I could see him holding his own on the third pair with Gio, for example.

Reactions: ACC1224

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Yeah, I don’t see it as great odds, but if anyone internal is gonna surprise and steal a spot, I’d pick him.
Smart, experienced against men for many years already. Good insulation with Gio or Muzz.

If Justin Holl gets moved, I could see him holding his own on the third pair with Gio, for example.
I think Niemela realistically goes back to Finland for at least 1 more season. He's still so young.

Moving Holl should make room for Liljegren to play everyday. Leafs need to get Liljegren and Sandin in before they get Niemela in (or potentially consider trading one of them for a similar aged centre).

Reactions: aingefan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad