Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Roslovic make any sense? Skilled but not much interest in playing a complete game so not convinced he can stick at the center position. But shouldn’t be too expensive to acquire I would imagine.
To me he would just be another body. That brief run he had last year is over, and he is now back to being what he was, a bottom six NHL'er with some offensive skills and not much of a commitment to defense. He's 25 yo, and is paid over twice what Gaudreau is. Don't see Evason or Guerin signing up for that, unless it's something like Rask + prospect. Even then, I think that Rossi could be up playing C this spring, and if not, then next fall for sure. Not sure where Roslovic would play. He would not be a fit on the GREEF line if Greenway were to go away.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Greenway + O’Rourke + 1st for Chychrun? Probably doesn’t get it done, but I think Chytil would be an incredible get for this team.

Brodin-Spurgeon
Chychrun-Addison. Save money by dealing Dumba in off-season. Chychrun would be a legit powerplay quarterback.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Greenway + O’Rourke + 1st for Chychrun? Probably doesn’t get it done, but I think Chytil would be an incredible get for this team.

Brodin-Spurgeon
Chychrun-Addison. Save money by dealing Dumba in off-season. Chychrun would be a legit powerplay quarterback.
considering reports are they have their want already offered to them we would have to go higher i assume.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Brodin-Spurgeon
It would take at least Lambos, I would think. And I would still do it, even though Chycrun's play this year has fallen off big time. Would we be getting a LH version of Dumba? He is nowhere near the #1D that some are making him out to be. I see more of a Klingberg type....maybe a bit better defensively, but less good offensively.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I don’t think Chycrun’s good enough to give up prime assets and then likely open the door of needing give up a known quantity in Dumba (albeit recoup some assets).

Addison will likely play in this league but he’s a long ways off of knowing whether that is in a top four or if he’s a bottom pair guy.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Chychrun is signed for 3 more years @4.6M(taking us out of the cap penalty era), is at least a legit top 4 Dman, and is 4 years younger than Dumba, who will be wanting a long term contract at 6+M aftyer next year, taking him well into his mid 30's. I would be open to paying for him, then trading Dumba in the summer to a team like VAN/EDM to recoup some prospects.

There is a lot to like about Chychrun.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Chychrun is signed for 3 more years @4.6M(taking us out of the cap penalty era), is at least a legit top 4 Dman, and is 4 years younger than Dumba, who will be wanting a long term contract at 6+M aftyer next year, taking him well into his mid 30's. I would be open to paying for him, then trading Dumba in the summer to a team like VAN/EDM to recoup some prospects.

There is a lot to like about Chychrun.

dumba could very well take a paycut to help the team.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
dumba could very well take a paycut to help the team.
Yes. By the time his next contract kicks in, he will be older than Brodin is now under his current contract.

It is plausible Guerin offers him 6+ years to get the AAV to be flat or even a decrease.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don’t know what their interest level is, and he would be an RFA upon contract expiry, but Jared McCan could be an interesting option between Fiala and Boldy.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Keep our prospects. Keep our first. Let's just find the best center we can get with our 2nd round pick. We had 2 firsts last year, we might have an extra 2nd this year, and we're probably going to be getting some assets back for Greenway and/or (hopefully not) Fiala anyway.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Keep our prospects. Keep our first. Let's just find the best center we can get with our 2nd round pick. We had 2 firsts last year, we might have an extra 2nd this year, and we're probably going to be getting some assets back for Greenway and/or (hopefully not) Fiala anyway.
Who would you be targeting with a 2nd? Hopefully we can find a Jeff Carter type

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
How about this for McDavid lol:

rossi
Wallstedt
Dumba
Greenway
2022 1st
2023 2nd

literally everything you could ask for in a trade like that. Franchise goalie, potential top 2C, top 4 dman, and a couple picks and a player with some size.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
How about this for McDavid lol:

rossi
Wallstedt
Dumba
Greenway
2022 1st
2023 2nd

literally everything you could ask for in a trade like that. Franchise goalie, potential top 2C, top 4 dman, and a couple picks and a player with some size.
Not even close, and imagining the cap shenanigans needed to make it work is not worth the effort.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Statsny would be good. I just wonder if the price wouldn’t be higher than a 2nd

Good Center market is kind of flush this year if Dallas and SJ(pretty much out already) fall out of the hunt with Hertl, Pavelski, Girioux and Miller likely available. May drive down secondary costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad