Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
is malkin injured right now?

Maybe we can make a package with rask and tempt them with giving addison back+ for a retained malkin. Might not end up resigning him, but would give us a better shot this year if we wanna take it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Guerin should absolutely see how much it would cost to get Soucy back. Shouldn't be all that much considering he's been a healthy scratch on more than one occasion.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
What about Teddy Blueger if he’s playing center? Cheap acquisition without giving up much. Otherwise we’re just mentioning people we’ve already said before at this point, there’s only so many good centers out there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t love Monahan but I just want Guerin to take a chance on any center with upside. It’s worked out recently for other teams. See Sam Bennet, Trocheck, Lindholm, etc.
If the price is something like Greenway and Rask + prospect for Monahan then I'm all for it.

Guerin should absolutely see how much it would cost to get Soucy back. Shouldn't be all that much considering he's been a healthy scratch on more than one occasion.
I think 3 games already. I would love to have Soucy back, and I think he would love to be back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
What about Teddy Blueger if he’s playing center? Cheap acquisition without giving up much. Otherwise we’re just mentioning people we’ve already said before at this point, there’s only so many good centers out there.

He's been largely ineffective at his current role playing with McGinn and Aston-Reese, and when Crosby & Malkin return, he'll likely end up on the fourth line or on the wing. I understand what you're trying to do, but he's not an upgrade.

He's been largely ineffective at his current role playing with McGinn and Aston-Reese, and when Crosby & Malkin return, he'll likely end up on the fourth line or on the wing. I understand what you're trying to do, but he's not an upgrade.

And here it is with Crosby. Still playing C but we’ll see what happens

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why not just let the team do what it will, and if that means missing playoffs, then so be it, instead of fighting tooth and nail to get knocked out in the first round?

Team clearly isn't a contender, what's the point of paying futures to slightly upgrade it?

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Why not just let the team do what it will, and if that means missing playoffs, then so be it, instead of fighting tooth and nail to get knocked out in the first round?

Team clearly isn't a contender, what's the point of paying futures to slightly upgrade it?
At this point I'm just hoping we can get Fiala producing enough to get something decent at the deadline, and that Kap might actually resemble the player he was last year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Yeah, whatever one thinks about this team's strengths and weaknesses they're performing well within expectations right now. If management really went into this season expecting more from this roster than what they're seeing... that'd be worrying.

The time to address the centers was this summer and they've instead opted to develop from within. Which is fine, but settle in because it's not going be a fast process.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The time to address the centers was this summer and they've instead opted to develop from within. Which is fine, but settle in because it's not going be a fast process.

Especially now that we can scratch off Khovanov from the list. We have Rossi and Marat and that's about it to be top 6 centers (if they really think Marat is going to be a center in the NHL).

Also scratch Eichel off the list. Wild are probably going to be playing against him for the next decade when he ends up in LV

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Would sending SEA a 4th round pick be enough to get Soucy back?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Also Burns
You can argue that Burns deserved his contract, partly for services rendered. That's the argument for giving a "good soldier' like Spurgeon the contract he got, when he had done yeoman's service for the team and was underpaid previously.

That's part of my problem with the Kaprizov contract. He spent years doing everything he could to not play for the Wild, then demanded big money after only 55 gp.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You can argue that Burns deserved his contract, partly for services rendered. That's the argument for giving a "good soldier' like Spurgeon the contract he got, when he had done yeoman's service for the team and was underpaid previously.

That's part of my problem with the Kaprizov contract. He spent years doing everything he could to not play for the Wild, then demanded big money after only 55 gp.
There's no argument for Spurgeon getting the contract that he did.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
There's no argument for Spurgeon getting the contract that he did.

Especially with the on ice results since. Not saying he's been abysmal, but sure isn't playing like he was before it and for sure isn't coming close to living up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad