Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LI

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
For better or worse, Carolina absolutely low-balls the shit out of everyone.
I like it; it doesn’t matter how good the player is. If they don’t think it will be a good contract they say F off, we’ll use the money elsewhere where we can get a good contract. That regime is going to win a cup.

I do wonder what they’d be saying to Kaprizov, though, if they were in our shoes. I bet they’d give him his 3 year deal and not really worry about it

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
What's a clean way out of the Parise/Suter deals? Any trade or retention of $$$$ would come with huge risk of cap restructure penalties if one or both retired early. Parise was also relegated to being scratched so he was ALREADY dead cap. The Suter buyout surprised me but I understand Guerin wanting a clean slate and to be able to know exactly what his cap hits are going forward without having to have the ghost of a cap restructure penalty hanging over this team. In different interviews Guerin said Suter was going to see a "significant" reduction of ice-time and I'm assuming didn't want to go through the same issues he just went through with Parise.

Suter is better than any defenseman we’re signing today. I also don’t know exactly how much his ice time could realistically have been reduced by. He’d be playing on the same pairing and still getting PK time. Sure, maybe he loses out on his PP ice time, but that’s a marginal impact.

Reactions: 57special

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Something come out today? Seravelli said there have been no talks between Boston and Krejci and him signing elsewhere on a 1yr deal was a possibility.
This is from yesterday. Seems like a credible source given that multiple sites are citing it from the Boston area.

Reactions: ctmagic

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Say we Kaprizov/Fiala get a combined 15M, then we have 14M to fill 6 or 7 spots. Gologoski will probably eat 4M of that. Then we’re probably going to pay another 4 for the bottom pair. I don’t see how we can afford a Krejci. Suter I could see

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Guerin doesn't want another guy named Suter on this team :laugh:

Don't know why you're talking about Rask as 1C, Guerin said a while ago he hopes Rossi can be that guy.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
guerin needs to get on the phone with NYR and offer something significant for zibs right now that will push NYR to pickup eichel and keep him out of the west.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Say we Kaprizov/Fiala get a combined 15M, then we have 14M to fill 6 or 7 spots. Gologoski will probably eat 4M of that. Then we’re probably going to pay another 4 for the bottom pair. I don’t see how we can afford a Krejci. Suter I could see

Move Rask out & it works.

Or don’t spend $4M on Goligoski. It’s ridiculous that BG is targeting Bogosian with Addison and Menell already on the right-side. This team is going to need to make space next year & it’d be a hell of a lot easier if they knew what they had in either of them as a potential Dumba replacement.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Move Rask out & it works.

Or don’t spend $4M on Goligoski. It’s ridiculous that BG is targeting Bogosian with Addison and Menell already on the right-side. This team is going to need to make space next year & it’d be a hell of a lot easier if they knew what they had in either of them as a potential Dumba replacement.
I don’t think Rask is somebody who would be easily moved in this climate

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Suter is better than any defenseman we’re signing today. I also don’t know exactly how much his ice time could realistically have been reduced by. He’d be playing on the same pairing and still getting PK time. Sure, maybe he loses out on his PP ice time, but that’s a marginal impact.
You didn't answer a clean way out of the Parise/Suter contracts. I just mentioned the significant reduction of ice-time that Suter was going to see which was stated by Guerin. I agree Suter is still a good dman but his minutes and play has started to diminish and MY assumption is that Guerin decided that if he was going to cut him now would be the time since he would be able to gain some cap relief for this year and also to start with a clean slate.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

If we sign Goligoski for more than 2 million, Guerin should be fired.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
You didn't answer a clean way out of the Parise/Suter contracts. I just mentioned the significant reduction of ice-time that Suter was going to see which was stated by Guerin. I agree Suter is still a good dman but his minutes and play has started to diminish and MY assumption is that Guerin decided that if he was going to cut him now would be the time since he would be able to gain some cap relief for this year and also to start with a clean slate.

They needed to buyout Parise for numerous reasons. They didn’t need a clean slate with Suter though. Having to commit $3-4M now to a 2LD significantly hampers this team over the next 4 years, especially with Parise’s dead cap and a flat cap. It might not hurt this year, but having that cash freed up + Suter would make me a hell of a lot more optimistic right now.

I swear to God Billy…

I guess my overestimate of Cole @ $3M+ a few months ago was actually accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad