Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Happy Free Agency

iu

Previous thread

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
I've seen a few tweets of what the speculated ask is from buffalo to get eichel. I don't recall one for the wild? Did I miss it , or is russo just reminding me how uninformative his "reporting" always is.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I've seen a few tweets of what the speculated ask is from buffalo to get eichel. I don't recall one for the wild? Did I miss it , or is russo just reminding me how uninformative his "reporting" always is.
The only reports I've seen of specific asks from specific teams have been tweets from dodgy sources. I wouldn't put much stock in those.

Reactions: nstarjim

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The longer it goes the more likely it becomes that we get him imo. Other teams in the race are going to use up their cap space now. For us, a lot of our cap space will still be open because we’ll have two RFAs unsigned still that will take up a lot (Kaprizov, Fiala). Even after we fill the holes in our lineup, we could still easily make a Fiala ++ Rask swap and make the cap work. Not a lot of other teams have that flexibility.

Reactions: 57special

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The longer it goes the more likely it becomes that we get him imo. Other teams in the race are going to use up their cap space now. For us, a lot of our cap space will still be open because we’ll have two RFAs unsigned still that will take up a lot (Kaprizov, Fiala). Even after we fill the holes in our lineup, we could still easily make a Fiala ++ Rask swap and make the cap work. Not a lot of other teams have that flexibility.
Whatever else I might say about Guerin he's not a guy I'd want to play chicken with. He's already driven over the Victor Rask cliff once and that crazy bastard will probably do it again.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Bummer that McKenzie has McCabe going to Chicago. Russo and maybe Friedman have both mentioned us sniffing around Bogosian as well. That'd definitely take care of the "opportunities for injury call-ups" angle.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
In his story he touched on it too. The good thing is that he said he’s getting that from his “gut” so maybe it can be disregarded.

Yeah, I don't follow why P. Suter would be expensive. He was too expensive for the Hawks because of arbitration, but that no longer matters.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Sounds like Gologoski and Bogosian are likely to be signed today according to Russo.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I really hoped we’d find clean way out of the Parise/Suter deals in time. Man this squeezes us for the foreseeable future.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Would it be so bad if we gave some young D prospects a chance? Seems like we have a few to try?
I think Russo has written that the idea is to sign a veteran Right shot D to push one of the young D prospects. Bogosian would be fighting with one of Addison or Mennell for ice time on the 3rd pairing. If/when Bogosian gets beaten out, he can be the 7th defenseman.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I really hoped we’d find clean way out of the Parise/Suter deals in time. Man this squeezes us for the foreseeable future.
We have options though. If Goligoski wants to stick around, we can offer him a series of 1-year deals at the right $$$ each year, but avoid the higher average in years 3 and 4.

Reactions: Leeves

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
What's a clean way out of the Parise/Suter deals? Any trade or retention of $$$$ would come with huge risk of cap restructure penalties if one or both retired early. Parise was also relegated to being scratched so he was ALREADY dead cap. The Suter buyout surprised me but I understand Guerin wanting a clean slate and to be able to know exactly what his cap hits are going forward without having to have the ghost of a cap restructure penalty hanging over this team. In different interviews Guerin said Suter was going to see a "significant" reduction of ice-time and I'm assuming didn't want to go through the same issues he just went through with Parise.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Would it be so bad if we gave some young D prospects a chance? Seems like we have a few to try?

I think that is the plan but they need to earn it first by showing they can take those minutes, not be given them. And this way the lineup is covered regardless as Goligoski/Bogosian can play up or down the lineup depending on who pushes them for time. I'm actually pretty ok with how Guerin is setting this part up. Still hope he has a plan for 1C.

Reactions: nstarjim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad